Water Blues

Its a jet pump and works on sucking the water up Not pushing. The labeling is totally false. You don't get a deep well pump and 4 inch boar for 12 to 15 k.

Heard you the first time! :smile:

The pump both pushes and sucks - there are 2 connections to the bore. It is a special pump with 1" pipe capacity for deep wells (mine is 44 metres deep)

I never said I had a 4" bore. Mine is 1", which I said in post no 14. A 1" bore is perfectly adequate for my domestic needs. The village water supply, which caters for some 3/400 houses (other than those with bores) feeds round the village in 3" pipe! When the water is turned on (which it often is not) the pressure is adequate.

GL Kap Choeng is clearly not the place to shop.

In my and neighbouring villages, the complete job is done for 14/15,000baht including a deep well pump. At least 10 people in my village have had it installed and everyone is completely satisfied.

Why would you want such a big bore for domestic use?

My bore supplies my 2 storey house with very good pressure, and provids water to cocks throughout my 1.25 rai, again with very strong pressure. I think the bore is 1" and yes the pump is above ground.
A GOOD pump is between 25.000 and 30.000 to drill a DEEP hole 6 inch will cost around 20.000 .American or Italian .Chinese pumps for cheaper are no good at all.

A GOOD pump is between 25.000 and 30.000 to drill a DEEP hole 6 inch will cost around 20.000 .American or Italian .Chinese pumps for cheaper are no good at all.

Alan - why would you need a 6" bore for domestic use? Of course a good pump for a 6" bore will be expensive as you indicate but the deep well pump priced around 8,000baht for a 1" bore does the job, and mine has been giving me good service for the past 12 years. I am sure that is what the op is looking for.

Heard you the first time! :smile:

The pump both pushes and sucks - there are 2 connections to the bore. It is a special pump with 1" pipe capacity for deep wells (mine is 44 metres deep)

I never said I had a 4" bore. Mine is 1", which I said in post no 14. A 1" bore is perfectly adequate for my domestic needs. The village water supply, which caters for some 3/400 houses (other than those with bores) feeds round the village in 3" pipe! When the water is turned on (which it often is not) the pressure is adequate.

Nick. We both are using the same application as is about 90% of ALL Thailand reason being for about 15k your domestic water problem is solved.

If your talking about the 19K deep bore pump your correct but the unit that Nick and I are talking about that I disagree with. The negatives of a deep boar 4 or 6 inches is if that boar is in the same water table as your neighbor and they only have a 2 inch bore as these other units then there is an excellent chance that the water table will be drawn below their intake. I have seen this happen locally and your neighbors are pissed. I have known those that have ran their 4 inch deep submergible pumps for 16 hours per day for 30 days to fill a pond and then get hit with an 18k power bill and bitch.

If your talking about the 19K deep bore pump your correct but the unit that Nick and I are talking about that I disagree with. The negatives of a deep boar 4 or 6 inches is if that boar is in the same water table as your neighbor and they only have a 2 inch bore as these other units then there is an excellent chance that the water table will be drawn below their intake. I have seen this happen locally and your neighbors are pissed. I have known those that have ran their 4 inch deep submergible pumps for 16 hours per day for 30 days to fill a pond and then get hit with an 18k power bill and bitch.

I am no expert on pumps or bores. When I wanted a bore 12 years ago I contacted the local expert and accepted his advice. Although water was found at some 10 metres, he insisted on boring to 44 metres to provide clean water. Never had any problems nor have the neighbours who have similar systems.

I am no expert on pumps or bores. When I wanted a bore 12 years ago I contacted the local expert and accepted his advice. Although water was found at some 10 metres, he insisted on boring to 44 metres to provide clean water. Never had any problems nor have the neighbours who have similar systems.

Nick your bore and my bore are about the same and so are other around us. BUT the bore for the units that ATB and I are talking about can and do go down 200 to 600 meters AND they PUSH out no sucking, some serious water and herein can lye the problem for your neighbors.

Nick your bore and my bore are about the same and so are other around us. BUT the bore for the units that ATB and I are talking about can and do go down 200 to 600 meters AND they PUSH out no sucking, some serious water and herein can lye the problem for your neighbors.

Correct GL.

However I was just focusing on Humberts original problem and trying to provide him with a relatively cheap and efficient system.

I doubt that you, I or Humbert will ever need the system you and AtB have mentioned here.

Correct GL.

However I was just focusing on Humberts original problem and trying to provide him with a relatively cheap and efficient system.

I doubt that you, I or Humbert will ever need the system you and AtB have mentioned here.

I totally agree.ThumbUp6 But have thought about it..

2020 UPDATE

My 18 year old Lucky Star pump finally gave up. Not only a leak in the bottom of the pressure holding tank, but a leak from the pump itself to the electric area. Also had not been performing well recently, and stopped supplying water when 2 taps opened.

Had my man round this morning. Quick diagnosis....new Lucky Star pump installed.....alls working well........8,000Baht inclusive.

Not quite on-topic but in a similar vein, my main 18-inch fan for the living room finally spun it's last 2 days ago after 16 years very good service. I bought a new 18-inch fan yesterday, Mitsubishi, for 1,490 baht. It's nice to have the swing-head back in operation again, the old fan lost that function last year.

Not quite on-topic but in a similar vein, my main 18-inch fan for the living room finally spun it's last 2 days ago after 16 years very good service. I bought a new 18-inch fan yesterday, Mitsubishi, for 1,490 baht. It's nice to have the swing-head back in operation again, the old fan lost that function last year.

What you need is a pair of these..........

lounge ceiling fans s.jpg

Back