Marriage Extension Renewell

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
Did my yearly marriage extension this morning at KCI. At 8 AM it was swamped with nobs, not a f**king clue. KCI officials were very courteous and helpful. Returned our paper work into the lady that sets out front for her to review it. Only thing the wife had to go back to BB across the highway and get from them a statement that I had not had any moneys come into Thailand the past two months. I got the bank letter yesterday verifying my account yesterday.shrug1 No big deal. We were in and out in 1 hour, the previous 3 years it was 90 minutes. 3 women I/O's working and 2 men I/O's. They were are spot on. AND most spoke some english. Now for the good part. With the farangs complaining about tea money KCI has removed its copier so if you have to make a copy you will have to go out and across the highway. NO more copies made ar KCI. And the best part, must have been 15 ladies in the office while we were there half of those were I/O's the others were wives or gf's ALL were dressed professionally and acceptable. As we were leaving guess what here comes Soi 7 leading her NOB. The wife made a comment like $%^&*(#@, I did get the word BG. BTW she was tasty.boobs2 OH and the cost 1900 baht and NO tip. AND KCI has installed a handicap ramp, hand rails and they have wheel chair.

I think I followed most of the conversation up until, "As we were leaving guess what here comes Soi 7 leading her NOB. The wife made a comment like $%^&*(#@, I did get the word BG. BTW she was tasty." You completely lost me at that point. WTF or whoTH is Soi 7? And what is a NOB?

I think I followed most of the conversation up until, "As we were leaving guess what here comes Soi 7 leading her NOB. The wife made a comment like $%^&*(#@, I did get the word BG. BTW she was tasty." You completely lost me at that point. WTF or whoTH is Soi 7? And what is a NOB?

I got lost soon after "did"

I think I have to have my head seen to. As I actually understand GL's Gibberish. Crazy1

While we are on this subject. I have never done a Marriage extension before. As I have always just come for three months.
I will do one at KCI next week. Since I have two addresses at the moment I am a bit concerned about this proof of address thing. I have read before. The need to submit photos of you and wife at the address and a map to the address.

Now Have I got the rest of the list of papers right.

Marriage certificate and copies

Wife Tabian Baan and copies

Wife ID and copies,

Letter from bank and copies.

T.M 7 Form with Photo.

My Passport and copies.

For the record yes I do have a 3 month Non Immigrant O single entry.
Can you get a multiple reentry at the same time on your extension. If so is there another form?

T.M 7 Form with Photo.

Assuming you have the requisite Bht 450,000.00(?) in the bank, I believe you should also take your bank passbook(s) and copies of the pages for at least the 3 months prior to the application.

I also understand that you will need at least two copies of everything (including photos) as one copy is despatched to Khorat(?) for "checking".

The copies of your passport pages should include your TM 6 Departure card (they say both sides but the rear side is blank) and the page with the visa which you are intending to extend.

Good luck.

Y

Last edited:
Can you get a multiple reentry at the same time on your extension. If so is there another form?

Yes, and there is a separate form for the multiple entry. Can get it online on the Thai Immigration website. I always obtain my multiple entry at the same time as the annual extension.

While we are on this subject. I have never done a Marriage extension before. As I have always just come for three months.
I will do one at KCI next week. Since I have two addresses at the moment I am a bit concerned about this proof of address thing. I have read before. The need to submit photos of you and wife at the address and a map to the address.

Now Have I got the rest of the list of papers right.

Marriage certificate and copies

Wife Tabian Baan and copies

Wife ID and copies,

T.M 7 Form with Photo.

My Passport and copies.

Some what late but the answer to your question is NO you do not have all a complete list.

1. You need a KR2 from your amphur. This is a verification that your still married. This has to be submitted each year. Your can go into any amphora office in Thailand show her ID and pay 20 baht.

2. As pointed out copy of your landing departure card.

3. You need to seriously pick an address and I suggest it be your wife house book address as KCI WILL come out to verify your living there and you will need two local witnesses with their ID to verify this for you. That normally only do this the first year. They will take your wife phone number and call her before coming out.

Know the good shyt.

4. There is a SEVEN (7) page packet or 7 FORUMS for KCI you and your wife have to fill out. The first form is the TM7, thats yours, there are 3 more forums in Thai ONLY for your wife. Then there are 3 forums Thai and English. I suggest that you make a trip Monday to KCI for these forum so you can do at home.

5. You need 3 but I make 5 3by5 inch photos of you and your lovely about the house, one of these photos HAS TO HAVE you and yours with your address. One of our photos is us in bed, they just love this.

6. Yes your letter from bank money seasoned for 60 days NOT two months. AND if you have had NO movement on that account for any month you will need an extra letter from your bank saying so. My wife had to run across to Bangkok Bank and get this. Its no problem if you bank with BB but if your with someone else it will be a long drive.

7 You need 2 passport photos.

8. You need TWO (2) hand drawn maps to your house, Let your wife do this and put all markings in Thai.

9. And this is the good one. If you have all this shyt together (with wife) enter KCI and the desk on your left, LET wife do the talking present these documents and your passport to this lady. This lady will review you packet and if everything is in order, and she does know whats needed she will give the packet back to your wife and she will have to go out the driveway across the highway to the copier/photo shop to have a second set made. Reason is KCI got sick an tired of Cheep Charle Farang bitching about 1 baht copy cost so KCI removed the copier. When she returns she will let this lady review the 2 packets one last time.

10 Know you go into the office and take a number and wait your turn you and your wife step up, most question will be asked of your wife. We were in KCI this past Thursday and the process only took about 60 minutes with the IO this was down from 90 minutes each the past 3 years. Cost ..The wife gave the IO 2000 baht he gave her a receipt and 100 baht change.

11. You will be given a 30 day under review stamp. THIS IS NOT an extension. this date will be added to your O single entry so when it ends in all practicality your marriage extension begins. During that 30 day under review is when they pay a visit but they could come early. This 30 day under review is part of you 12 months marriage extension. KCI will send one your packets to Korat for approval, turn around time is normally only two weeks. If you loo at your 30 day under review stamp you will see a report back date and a hand written serial number have your wife call about 2 weeks before that date and give and give them that number and they can tell her if been approved. If it has come back down and they will put another stamp permitted to stay until date (Thai Wife) in your passport proximally 11 months.

12. As for the so called multi visa NO SUCH THING. There is a single re entry permit good for a single departure for 1000 baht or a multy re entry permit good for as many times as you like for the duration of your marriage extension for 3800 baht. I do not think they will issue either until you go back and get your final stamp. Remember if you did go out during that review period the permit does not the date you have go back to KCI, so if you are out of country and don't go back to KCI by that date its back to square one and you have to start all over. AND do not touch that 400,000 in the bank until you get the final approval, they have been known to check.

Hope this info helps.

Thanks for the comprehensive info GL. See you for coffee soon.

Thanks to others that replied as well.

Some people call the multi re entry permit a multi visa. As said NO such thing its a single or multi re enter permit, not a visa. And as I stated wait until you get your final marriage extension stamp in an emergancy you could get a single re entry permit but if your not back at KCI by that report date your back to square one. As for visa's, a visa is only normaly issued outside Thailand not inside. A marriage or retirement 12 months is an extension. of your O visa which is needed to start the process this is why its called an extension and nowhere is the word visa used on the stamp in your passport. One of the few multi visa would be a 12 months O visa issued in Savannhaket Lao based on marriage. Another visa that some have and we do have a member that is getting ready to come off his and go to retirement extension is an OA visa good for 2 years and only available from your home country.

Last edited:
Yes, and there is a separate form for the multiple entry. Can get it online on the Thai Immigration website. I always obtain my multiple entry at the same time as the annual extension.

Yes MR Bear is correct but understand he is on a retirement not a marriage extension which are handled differntly.

Some people call the multi re entry permit a multi visa. As said NO such thing its a single or multi re enter permit, not a visa.

Good, I'm glad that's cleared up. It was the first time I had heard the phrase "multi visa".

1. You need a KR2 from your amphur. This is a verification that your still married. This has to be submitted each year. Your can go into any amphora office in Thailand show her ID and pay 20 baht.

A friend went to Surin Amphur this morning with his wife for the KR2 form. Surin Amphur had never heard of such a form. His wife rang Kap Cheong to enquire about it and was told it wasn't necessary.

Just to record a change that I was not aware of, the Immigration telephone number is now 044 559 127.

IMM just having a laugh ...albeit at your mates expense.

The world's second-highest mountain , the vastly difficult 8,600 metre Himalayan peak located on the Pakistan-China border known as Chongori that has witnessed many a death was named K2 by Brits during the Great Trigonometric Survey of India.

Sending someone on a K2R is basically sending one on a long, steep walk-about. The 'R' stands for report.
Possibly they mistakenly inferred a 'KR2'.

You didn't think Thais had a sense of humour , did you ? (har-har-har)

Then again - the KR2 may indeed be necessary (see below).

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend went to Surin Amphur this morning with his wife for the KR2 form. Surin Amphur had never heard of such a form. His wife rang Kap Cheong to enquire about it and was told it wasn't necessary.

Just to record a change that I was not aware of, the Immigration telephone number is now 044 559 127.

I have three KR 2 One from Surin. Only three weeks ago. KCI also told me Kor Ror 2 .Was needed when I was there three weeks ago.

Also 1 from Sikhoraphum amphur and one from the original office where I got married in BKK 12 years ago. I had some what a problem trying to get around not having the original Kor Ror 3 pretty flower one or a copy. I accidentaly forgot that paper in Australia.

Bye the way after seeing the supervisor at IMMI 1 in BKK the ruling was made that I just had to have it or report it lost for all time at the police and then I would have to explain this fact and do this, for every year infinitum. I have chose to go back to oz to get it.

Did he go with his wife?. Did he ask for a Tabian Som Rot.?
Has he been married for more then 15 years? If so the listing is not computerised.

If it is not computerised he has to go to the Amphur where he was married for a KOR ROR 2 at the same time they will computerise you as well.

Unfortunately I found out all this information personaly to my chagrin.

How does that song go. I fought the law and the law won.

Last edited:

A KR2 is required by KCI your friend was given bad advised. KR3 is your Thai marriage license and a KR2 is confirmation your still married. KCI requires new KR2 every year. I just did my new marriage extension last month and obtained the new KR2 from the Kap Choeng Amphur office next door to KCi for 20 baht. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/753919-marriage-extensionkr2-form/

A KR2 is required by KCI your friend was given bad advised.

I would have thought that ringing KCI for information would have resulted in correct advice. But then again, TIT.

Who answers the landline, the cleaner?

I would have thought that ringing KCI for information would have resulted in correct advice. But then again, TIT.

Who answers the landline, the cleaner?

Now for F%$Ks Sake. Nobody get me started. Hair_Out1

Back