Expiration of Passport

"Up to nine months!"

Not "up to eleven months!"

Could I have applied for a new British passport prior to applying for my extension which expired on 27th June 2009? My passport was due to expire on 6th June 2010.

FFS Yorky .....Hug1

I applied for a new passport with 7 years 5 months remaining.

You can apply ANY time

I know I'm thick and I know it's almost 3 pm.

If I apply for a new British passport now (mine expires 6th June 2020) What expiry date will be printed on the new passport?

If I apply for a new British passport now (mine expires 6th June 2020) What expiry date will be printed on the new passport?

Presumably the number of years the passport is valid (5 or 10 for British?) from the date of issue. Nothing to do with the time remaining on the old passport which would be cancelled.

As I understand it......10 years + 9 months from now...

Sept 2015 + 10 years = Sept 2025 + 9 months = June 2021

Perhaps PN or Coco can confirm?

Presumably the number of years the passport is valid (5 or 10 for British?) from the date of issue. Nothing to do with the time remaining on the old passport which would be cancelled.

British passports are valid for 10 years normally.

In 2010 I applied for a new passport in February, and received it a month or so later with a 8th March 2010 issue date and a 6th June 2020 expiry date.

British passports are valid for 10 years normally.

In 2010 I applied for a new passport in February, and received it a month or so later with a 8th March 2010 issue date and a 6th June 2020 expiry date.

ppdates.jpg

Maybe!

Renew or replace your adult passport

You can renew or replace your passport at any time. It costs £72.50, or £82.25 through the Post Office’s Passport Check and Send service.

Time left on an existing passport is added to your new one, up to a maximum of 9 months.

See: https://www.gov.uk/renew-adult-passport

Maybe! Extract from Government Website:

Renew or replace your adult passport

You can renew or replace your passport at any time. It costs £72.50, or £82.25 through the Post Office’s Passport Check and Send service.

Time left on an existing passport is added to your new one, up to a maximum of 9 months.

See: https://www.gov.uk/renew-adult-passport

That is still not really clear. In the scenario that I quoted, I am applying for a passport a number of years before the passport expires. The new passport will include the time left on my existing passport (but no more than 9 months). But from what date does that 9 months begin?

You are repeating yourself again nomad!

No I am not. No I am not. It's the frigging editor that is repeating itelf. Seriously, DannyBoy and Mr Mods, this website is doing some strange and random things. Is there a possibility of a virus in the works?

This has been a regulation nation wide for about 5 years. He would be advised to get a new passport now then apply for his extension.

So no-one on this forum has reported this scenario in the last five years? Until Andychondriac last week?

That is still not really clear. In the scenario that I quoted, I am applying for a passport a number of years before the passport expires. The new passport will include the time left on my existing passport (but no more than 9 months). But from what date does that 9 months begin?

Most people renew their passports some 3/4 months before expiry, unless they are almost full and need to be renewed earlier.

As I understand it, you receive a full 10 years on the new passport, from the day it is produced PLUS the time remaining on the old passport, up to a maximum of 9 months

No I am not. No I am not. It's the frigging editor that is repeating itelf. Seriously, DannyBoy and Mr Mods, this website is doing some strange and random things. Is there a possibility of a virus in the works?

Yes there is this Trojan malware in forum software.
This trojan try to direct you to another website (usually myfilestore.com) and sometimes it tries to download something!!What else harm it is doing, we can only guess. Usually it comes when you use Google to go to the forum.

This should be fixed, but looks like nothing happens. I have told this already more than 6 months ago. MODS!!!

avast.jpg

I confirm what Hannu says - many times I am directed to myfilestore

Although this is in a thread about passports????? I have asked AtB to relay the info onto our technical section.

That will be a waste of time then - he was pissed as a fart when I spoke to him! Chokdee5

I am not an expert although I would think that the new passport will be good for 10 years and 9 months from the date of issue. Always assuming there was more than 9 months remaining on the old passport.

Back