Classy Cafe Surin

Hi.. I've only just seen this thread regarding classy cafe! I hope I can answer some of the questions raised in your comments.

Firstly we are open from 5pm till 10pm Monday to Friday and 10am till 10pm on Saturday. Sunday we are closed.

Cassy Cafe is managed by 2 English Guys, (1 southerner and 1 northerner) an American and a Pakistani.

We offer English, Thai, Maths, Biology, Chemisty and Physics lessons all conducted in English, from beginners to advanced.

( Please note food is not cooked between lessons)

Our cafe offers Thai, Asian, Middle Eastern and Western food. Sandwiches and wraps, various hot and iced beverages . (NO ALCOHOL)

The beer battered fish and chips; the fish we use is "Pangasius hypophthalmus" Asian (fresh) water fish, it is not dory fish.

It's entirely your choice what can accompany your fish and chips; we offer garden peas, baked beans, even salad and ketchup. The chips are made from potatoes; aprox 400g per portion the number of chips is more than 10, again that depends on the size of the actual potatoe.

From Friday 8th July we start our Chinese Menu. Chicken Sweetcorn Soup, Prawn Toast, Ribs, Spring rolls Chowmein, Curry and sweet and sour.

From Saturday 9th July we start our burgers and Naan kebab menu. Including lamb and chicken.

Give us a try.. Regards Classy Cafe

The beer battered fish and chips; the fish we use is "Pangasius hypophthalmus" Asian (fresh) water fish, it is not dory fish.

I have been cooking this fish for the last 5 or 6 years and find it acceptable for a fish and chip meal (albeit not much taste).

What beer do you use for the batter?

I have been cooking this fish for the last 5 or 6 years and find it acceptable for a fish and chip meal (albeit not much taste).

What beer do you use for the batter?

I agree this fish lacks taste also it pays to defrost in room temperature and season well. We use a mixture of wheat flour and tempura, with Chang beer I find it has the strongest flavour of the other thai beers it's also heavily carbonated and gives the batter that extra fizz.

I agree this fish lacks taste also it pays to defrost in room temperature and season well. We use a mixture of wheat flour and tempura, with Chang beer I find it has the strongest flavour of the other thai beers it's also heavily carbonated and gives the batter that extra fizz.

I have only been pre-seasoning the fish recently (a la Jamie Oliver) but have used beer batter (Archa and tempura) for years.

A couple I prepared earlier.........

pangassius%20seasoned_zpsum5b2ogk.jpg

I was in The Beach a week or so ago and Mikey (one of the owners) stopped in and dropped off some Indian flatbreads. They were f**king delicious! Best I've had since Malaysia with my Indian friend Raggy. I'll be buying these for myself. They do a chicken curry as well I hear. Will have to try that out too. Naan bread that is. Made by Neo the Pakistani man.

man oh man, business turnover in Surin is horrendous ... lucky you've got our friend Norbie who is still around and kicking ... you should cherish him instead of villifying the bloke !!! Likewise for Mike, he is still there for you.

I hear Tam Tam Pizza joint has moved also. Difficult to keep track of where the joints are now.

Back