Lek Restaurant Closed

I hear it may become a Thai restaurant North Thai if Im correct , was good when the German lady had it a few years back Very good .

An Isaan restaurant took over next door where the former Starbeam location was.
They're going to have to sell a shyteload of krap pao moo and som tom to cover their monthly rent.

I doubt they're paying under 5,000/month without a multiple year lease unless they're relatives of the building's owner.

[Note: Though anything is possible. Just ask Donald.]

If it's 7000 a month it ok 200 plus a day .
1 good sitting a day would cover that

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Alan, Lek Restaurant's rent was 6K baht a month, according to a friend who was told so by the owner.

My rent at the old SB Restaurant was 13K a month.

The pool restaurant in Thep Thani is for rent... for just 1600 baht a month I was told yesterday. Just the restaurant, not the out buildings or pool use.

I went to the"Lek Rest" 3 wks ago last Sun,which turned out to be their final trading day.Lek wasn t there,only her daughter & the other lady.The meal
(chicken nitsal & fried potatoes with onion).The potatoes seemed like they d been cooked ealier & heated up & the chicken dish had a bad taste.I only ate
a bit of it & told them it was v/poor & I would n t be eating there again!
About 3 am Mon my troubles started had to keep rushing to the toilet,with big pains in the gut & this carried on Tues/Wed.It took until Sat for the pain to go
away Just as well I didn t eat all 100% of the meal!
I suspect they were cooking "out of date food/well past it s sell by date".
When I saw Lek & Previn in Noobies earlier this week I related the story.Previn said it wasn t his restaurant ,Lek said v/sorry.
I wonder how many of their custs from that day,were similarly sick like myself

Highly unlikely to be so-called 'out of date' food per se. Food is very robust and most foods can be eaten well past their 'best before date'. I have had tinned foods that are 2 years 'out of date'.

It is more likely to be improperly handled, or improperly cooked food that caused the problem.

In this case my money would be on the chicken as the prime suspect.

Eating at and on a restaurant's last day is a big no-no.
If the chicken dish had a noticeably bad taste that was probably tbe main culprit...though it could have been anything...from cream to the ice or the water.

No worries as you survived your ordeal and you will not eat
there again (particularly since they are closed :p.)

Back