WE HAVE WATER.

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
There are 6 farm ponds that surround SWMBO dream. 25 meters to 100 meters in distance from the new lake, all have water in them and all are not over 4 meters deep.:DThere are two major reservoirs within 7 km of CRU and they set up higher in the Dangrek Mountain range that separated Cambodia and Thailand they are..Huai Samong and Ta Kao, both derive its waters from runoff and streams. Both of theses have waterfalls at their head. ;):cool:Last week I noticed some very dark spots in the 10 meter part of the dig.:rolleyes: Late this afternoon SWMBO and a very good friend hiked down into the bottom as I stayed on top..They were jumping up and down.. WE HAVE WATER.:D:D:D And I have been informed the dig will be continued very soon and there will be NO charge for the dig as all soil is contracted out for the 214 highway upgrade. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: By the l looks I would say the pond and will be another 2 meters deep at 12 meters total and due to the highway project this baby just may get huge. Tomorrow me boss and friend are going back out and dig a small pond in the bottom to collect some water for me and others she said they actually drink some.:yum::yum::yum:

59485487_2165607556820111_3033219695298740224_n.jpg

59472543_2165607463486787_1037425805338083328_n.jpg

Hey @gotlost, I hope you have more luck with the pond than I did. I recently dug a pond on my property and initially it had some water in the bottom, but it clearly was just popping it's head out to see what was going on, never to be seen again. So I dug a 30m well next to it and I am currently filling it with a solar well pump - a very slow process.
img_20181129_095201-e1543761289431.jpg

img_20190331_150927.jpg

Hey @gotlost, I hope you have more luck with the pond than I did. I recently dug a pond on my property and initially it had some water in the bottom, but it clearly was just popping it's head out to see what was going on, never to be seen again. So I dug a 30m well next to it and I am currently filling it with a solar well pump - a very slow process.
img_20181129_095201-e1543761289431.jpg

img_20190331_150927.jpg

The availability of the water table is not to fill the pond but to keep the pond stabilized. All the ponds about us have never gone dry because of this. We still have to rely on rain for the maximum fill. As for filling by your method you don't have a utility cost but can you keep up with evaporation and usage. I have seen ponds such as yours and the owners just let them go dry this time of year.

@Bandersnatch At what depth is your water table ? If you saw water at onetime in the bottom of the pound its apparent the table has dropped. Question is by how much.

Update, now have 3m of water after adding a second 320w panel to my solar pump:

Mp5ulmV.jpg

zYlEs80.jpg

At what depth is your water table ? If you saw water at onetime in the bottom of the pond its apparent the table has dropped. Question is by how much.

Firstly apologies for my slow replies. I have tried many times to reply to this post and keep getting error messages, followed by "time outs" where I am told to wait before trying again. I only attempt replies when I pop back to my rented house while working on my house build.

We watched the pond being dug and there was a gap of a few weeks between the first 5 m and digging out to 8m. During that time we briefly saw water seeping to the surface.

We then commissioned a guy to dig a well. He said he first encountered water at 13m.

Firstly apologies for my slow replies. I have tried many times to reply to this post and keep getting error messages, followed by "time outs" where I am told to wait before trying again. I only attempt replies when I pop back to my rented house while working on my house build.

We watched the pond being dug and there was a gap of a few weeks between the first 5 m and digging out to 8m. During that time we briefly saw water seeping to the surface.

We then commissioned a guy to dig a well. He said he first encountered water at 13m.

So someone handug a 30m or about 100 foot well?

Gotlost, of all people, questioning the language of a post.
It certainly sounded to me like Bandersnatch had someone bore a well to 30 meters, not hand-dig, but hey...???

Me boss just returned from the dig with a sample of the water in a large bottle. There are two sources as of now where she got the water is at about the 5m depth as the other is at 10m.

Further apologies, this time for rushing my replies. I have just return from the site, will grab a snack, then return to work with the plumber, who is only available evenings.

At this point I have been onsite everyday except 2 over the last six months. We flew down to Bangkok for the day to attend the motor show with the aim of looking at electric cars and we did the same for the architects’ show. To say I am exhausted, would be an understatement.

Options to increase water output:

1) raise the pump from a depth of 30m to 20m, it will have to be lowered again if the water table drops
2) add a second solar panel
3) add a second solar panel and change the pump from 300w to 400w
4) Dig a new 4 inch well to replace the 3 inch well we currently have and buy a 700w DC pump and add 3 panels

Option 2 was chosen for now and we will monitor the situation.

Back