Sixteen AK-47 rifles found abandoned in Surin well

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member

• 8afb1d2b56115f67fa2541e2963bf296-sld.jpeg

national June 10, 2019 15:54

By Wijit Choonhakitkajorn
The Nation

Hiang told police that the villager had been washing himself at the well when he noticed four sacks partly submerged in the water.

2015d802df3fbc88eddfe094cea9d587.jpeg

In a bid to find those responsible for dumping the assault rifles, forensic officials brushed the weapons for fingerprints, while officials pumped water out from the well to look for any other evidence that the culprits may have left behind.

Police believe that those who abandoned the weapons were the same group of people who had dumped a cache of firearms in a canal in Si Sa Ket’s Khukhan district last week.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30370821

They brushed the weapons for finger prints after being in that mud hole? I hope that was a case of bad reporting and not a statement made by the police

Probably not. I am told be a legal owner of a firearm that guns are readily available everywhere (coming from Cambodia & Laos).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was offered a handgun some 25 years ago by a policeman following a break in at my Jomtien home. I was told to shoot any intruder, but as a farang, to then tell the police it was the wife that did it! Cheaper than a divorce!':D I didn't buy.

I was offered a handgun some 25 years ago by a policeman following a break in at my Jomtien home. I was told to shoot any intruder, but as a farang, to then tell the police it was the wife that did it! Cheaper than a divorce!':D I didn't buy.
My friend quoted statistics re gun ownership (legal & illegal) and it sounded like around 1 in 7 people here in LOS have a gun! Huge numbers countrywide!!!!

One thing to own a firearm.
Another to possess proper ammunition designed for that firearm.

• 8afb1d2b56115f67fa2541e2963bf296-sld.jpeg

national June 10, 2019 15:54

By Wijit Choonhakitkajorn
The Nation

Hiang told police that the villager had been washing himself at the well when he noticed four sacks partly submerged in the water.
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30370821

Sixteen AK-47's ?
With properly trained personnel and ample ammunition that could seriously mess up a large gathering of unarmed citizens.

Are you worried...should I be ?

A friend who lives in Pattaya quoted me (about 10. Years ago) that a bullet costs just 3baht that would extinguish a life!!!!!!

You still have to purchase or obtain the equipment to deliver the 3bhat projectile, heh. :rolleyes:

Surely a knife would work in a lethal capacity in LoS the same as utilised in Blighty. ;)

Back