Water Shortages In Surin - July 2019

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member

+11

องค์การบริหารส่วนจังหวัดสุรินทร์
3 hrs ·
องค์การบริหารส่วนจังหวัดสุรินทร์ โดยนายกิติเมศวร์ รุ่งธนิเกียรติ นายกองค์การบริหารส่วนจังหวัดสุรินทร์ ได้เล็งเห็นปัญหาของพี่น้องประชาชนชาวจังหวัดสุรินทร์ ...

See More
The Provincial Administration of in province by Mr. Ki Model Honor, the provincial administration of in, has seen the problem of the people of the provincial people of the province of in. During the drought and no rain, which makes the water in huai charming drop apparently, why people have trouble using water consumption, so they have brought the mechanical machine to dig the huai he at some point where the mechanical machine can enter. Work to make water corridor, keep the water, use it as edit overlooking and dig peeling in other parts to be able to collect more water, which will be able to make the people of the people of the provincial people of in have the water to use sustainable.
#องค์การบริหารส่วนจังหวัดสุรินทร์
·
Rate this translation

I didn't see any signs of dredging when I visited today. They should have dredged the reservoir and used the dirt for road building, instead of buying the dirt!

nopzRF0.jpg

So no rain this evening, and only a few drops left in our tank.

The peace has just been disturbed outside by a loud diesel tanker from the water company delivering to a neighbour opposite us. The driver said that if we call the office, we will probably be able to arrange a delivery to us tomorrow.

It will be like the relief of Mafeking… My whaaaat?

So no rain this evening, and only a few drops left in our tank.

The peace has just been disturbed outside by a loud diesel tanker from the water company delivering to a neighbour opposite us. The driver said that if we call the office, we will probably be able to arrange a delivery to us tomorrow.

It will be like the relief of Mafeking… My whaaaat?

For what it is worth, we achieved lift off tonight. After a very low pressure beginning we managed to raise the head to 2 meters sometime this morning. My main tank is requires a 2 meter head of water and the water supply is dribbling in to the tank. I guess its taken 5 hours to fill 300 litres but it is filling. It should be full come day break.

And it was.

DSCN2051.JPG

and the float stick was riding high .............my crude but effective water level indicator.

DSCN2053.JPG

You may want to rethink about that bore. Its so bad over in Buriram that are taking water from an old mine for domestic use. https://www.surinfarang.com/forum/threads/dept-warns-of-worst-drought-in-decade.26419/ Your extra tank is a good idea but it is not the long term solution. I have yet to be hooked up for domestic water in Kap Choeng as the water level in their main reservoir is too low. With it looking like only three months of rain maybe September, October & November there no way the reservoirs will recover for our areas.

You may want to rethink about that bore. Its so bad over in Buriram that are taking water from an old mine for domestic use. https://www.surinfarang.com/forum/threads/dept-warns-of-worst-drought-in-decade.26419/ Your extra tank is a good idea but it is not the long term solution. I have yet to be hooked up for domestic water in Kap Choeng as the water level in their main reservoir is too low. With it looking like only three months of rain maybe September, October & November there no way the reservoirs will recover for our areas.
GL, I am sure you are right that the long term outlook is not looking very good. I have already spoken with the Boss and suggested a bore hole may be the way forward. The main pump that we already use is good for an 8 meter shallow bore, one of the Hitachi GX 250 series.

upload_2019-7-17_7-47-56.png

I understand we could get the bore drilled for around 7,000 baht. It's an option still under discussion.

If you put the bore in make sure you have an either or valve installed. As fore the bore I suggest you get cracking on that tomorrow as most of the outfits are working overtime.

I went on a sight seeing tour this morning around the two reservoirs serving Surin City. I can confirm the situation is very dire. They are effectively dry with just an occasional pond or two where there are depressions.

DSCN2063.JPG

DSCN2059.JPG

These photos show a couple of the depressions holding water. Look to the right of the second photo, that is dried lake bed. I doubt that the ponds represent 1% of the total area, 99% of the lakes are as dry as a bone. I agree with GL, can't see these lakes filling again this year without abnormal rainfall. In which case the water shortage will stretch for another year or more, mid 2020 at the earliest, always provided the rains come to this area. Remember, we get very little rain from October to end of March. The long, cool, dry season I so enjoy.

Taps are dry, reservoirs hold virtually nothing, so where do the tankers, that offer to fill yout tanks -at a price -get their water from. A borehole possibly, but in distant days, the very reservoirs in Pattaya that could/would not supply the residents were selling water to the tankers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taps are dry, reservoirs hold virtually nothing, so where do the tankers, that offer to fill yout tanks -at a price -get their water from. A borehole possibly, but in distant days, the very reservoirs in Pattaya that could/would not supply the residents were selling water to the tankers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I noticed yesterday that Kokma had abundant water.....

For what it is worth, we achieved lift off tonight. After a very low pressure beginning we managed to raise the head to 2 meters sometime this morning. My main tank is requires a 2 meter head of water and the water supply is dribbling in to the tank. I guess its taken 5 hours to fill 300 litres but it is filling. It should be full come day break.

Mine was about half full yesterday. It filled up sometime overnight yet I know not when.

โรงสูบน้ำและคลองส่งน้ำก่อสร้างล่าช้า!!
ชาวบ้านกะเลาและบ้านศรีพัฒนา ม.7 ม. 8 ต.หมื่นศรี อ.สำโรงทาบ จ.สุรินทร์ เดือดร้อนจากภาวะฝนทิ้งช่วง เรียกร้องให้หน่วยงานที่เกี่ยวข้องมาดูและก่อสร้างโรงสูบน้ำและคลองส่งน้ำให้แล้วเสร็จ จะได้สูบน้ำไปเลี้ยงต้นข้าวที่กำลังยืนต้นตาย

Water Mill and canal. Construction is delayed!!
Villagers, ka and ban si develop. 7 MM. 8 Oct. Tens of thousands of people. Samrong, apply to the province. In is suffering from rain. Call for relevant agencies to see and construction of the water shed and the canal. Send water to complete. So that I can smoke water to raise the rice tree that is standing in the dead tree.
·
Rate this translation

Back