How thick are your windows?

My windows have an IQ of only 40 each, so VERY thick...
:p
99ab926f70fe22a1f4ae74f7047f7aef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My question to you is why do you want insulated (double-pane) windows?
Is it to reduce noise?...keep your home cooler?...other reasons?

I have a many year background of selling and installing replacement windows in the U.S., but when we built our home here in 2008, I came to understand that I really didn't need the extra expense of that type of window here. We are not in the city so noise was not a factor, and even though we do have air con for the house, we rarely feel the need to use it.

Proper size of windows (larger than most Thai homes), and good landscaping for trees and shade, allow us to have the windows open most of the time for good ventilation and cooling. The main house has 5 big windows (200 x 140) and 2 smaller (100 x 140), and the dining room has 3 large and one smaller.

Our window guy is the son-in-law of our neighbor and does excellent work, and his shop is in Prasat. Let me know if you would like to contact him.
Hi Mario, Given your experience, what are your thoughts on increasing the glass thickness to 8mm?
-Greg

Hi Mario, Given your experience, what are your thoughts on increasing the glass thickness to 8mm?
-Greg
If your reason for increasing the thickness of the glass is a concern about possible breakage, then yes...make them thicker because the cost of making them thicker would be much less than the cost to replace them after breakage.
If that is not the reason, then why?

I tried that and failed miserably. There is a knack to applying the film, either you have it or you don't. If you don't, get a professional to apply the film. It will be cheaper in the long run! :) :) :)
I definitely agree with Nomad here, applying a film properly can be very difficult and films can also have other issues in the future...discoloration, fades, etc.
Go with a professional on both product and application.

Does anyone have experience or recommenations for "Bi-fold", accordian or folding glass doors in greater Surin or Thailand ?

I will ask a builder @alanthebuilder too.

Does anyone have experience or recommenations for "Bi-fold", accordian or folding glass doors in greater Surin or Thailand ?

I will ask a builder @alanthebuilder too.
What is it you are wanting to know? Are the pictures of the door systems you show the ones that you are asking questions about?
I personally do not like gnats, bugs and mossies having free run of my house, so all windows and our main entry door have screens to keep them out. That would be a little tough to do with this door style.

The photo wasn't taken with screens or curtains so buyers can easily visualize the concept.
Do you notice how the door fold "outward" when they are opened.
The mosquito screen would easily fit on an interior rail.
Yes, I noticed the door fold "outward".
The opening size for the door in your post #34 would need either a huge roll-up folding screen or several sections of screens with both rails and stiles (vertical frame work), and that eliminates the "wide open look" you appear to want to achieve.
You also neglected to say what it was you wanted to learn in the way of "experience and recommendations" for this type of door system.

Yes, I noticed the door fold "outward".
The opening size for the door in your post #34 would need either a huge roll-up folding screen or several sections of screens with both rails and stiles (vertical frame work), and that eliminates the "wide open look" you appear to want to achieve.
You also neglected to say what it was you wanted to learn in the way of "experience and recommendations" for this type of door system.

Anyone have this type of a door system, have experience with this system and /or have a shoppe recommendation to order said doors ?

Anyone have this type of a door system, have experience with this system and /or have a shoppe recommendation to order said doors ?

Only in high-end hotel rooms, so I would assume (dangerous, I know) them to be a ‘high-end price’ too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back