Good bread in Big C Prasat

alanthebuilder

Administrator
Big C in Prasat ,about 9.30 / 10 every morning they bake some nice bread 3 or 4 different types ,they dont make loads but around 3 or 4 loafs of each a day .
Wheatmeal , wholemeal , farmers , white Italian style ,also nice baguettes.
Worth a look if your passing .

Big 'C' Surin also bake bread daily and it's closer (to me anyway). At the end of the day they reduce the prices to almost half which makes it very reasonable. The ones that we have bought also freeze well.

1 s.jpg

big c bread s.jpg

Country sourdough s.jpg

French farmers 1 s.jpg

olive sour bread s.jpg

Walnut sour bread 2 s.jpg

Big C Prakhonchai do much the same as Prasat. However every time I look in, the few loaves available for sale AT FULL PRICE, are invariably 2/3 days old. When asked when they would make and sell fresh bread, the answer was "not till we've sold what's here"!

Big C Buriram make fresh bread everyday, but it comes out late morning, and anything left from the previous day is still there at full price

Tops Buriram is the best. Just before 10am, hot fresh bread appears. Sour dough and wholemeal amongst others. AROI!

Big 'C' Surin also bake bread daily and it's closer (to me anyway). At the end of the day they reduce the prices to almost half which makes it very reasonable. The ones that we have bought also freeze well.

One minor problem, their slicing machine only appears to have one setting which is "thin".

Surin Big 'C' yesterday evening:

Olive sourdough - reduced from ฿ 117.00 to ฿ 70.00.

Olive sourdough s.jpg
French traditional - reduced from ฿ 42.00 to ฿ 25.00.

French traditional s.jpg

It is good bread. Delicious!

Got in at at 10 minutes to closing last night to get the discounted loaves. This was after being at the free bbq at Stanford’s.
That’s the kind of thrifty spender I am :grin:

Bought this new one (at least it's new to me) at Big C on Saturday. "Oatmeal Krunpepp Bread" - reduced from ฿99.00 to ฿59.50.

Oatmeal krunpepp s.jpg
I've never heard of "Krunpepp" bread (and apparently neither have Google). I shall likely be cutting into it tomorrow.

It looks like one of the only farang breads that Makro sell (I forget the name) Usual price 69Baht . On my shopping list for Thursday when I pass through Buriram

I agree, I like that bread and some of the other varieties too, but only after they have been reduced in price.

When I m in Big C doing shopping early Mon/ Tues morning I usually buy the "Purple bread with walnut" or the "Olive bread" both v/good & also reduced/reasonable price.If they ve all sold out there s a new
one I ve tried "French (white) ball loaf which makes fanastic toast & only about B49 for the loaf.

Back