Swine Flu Bankruat Buriram ?

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
Posting this for info only..

Yesterday government vets killed my mother in laws 15 pigs. They are killing all pigs in the area, at least 200 so far.

It came to light that a farm in the village had lost over 80 pigs out of the 100 they had on a unregistered farm. They had reported the deaths in hope of getting compensation.

The vet would not say if any pig had swine flu but said the culling was a preventative measure. The pigs were removed and disinfectant strayed.

This was in a small village south east of Bankruat, South Buriram.

I have seen nothing reported in the news yet. My wife is going to the government office in the morning to ask about compensation and to find out if it was down to swine flu.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/10...ad-2019/page/6/?tab=comments#comment-14610998

Have Doctors reported this or just village gossip, as this is incredibly rare, as of only 17 cases have been reported since the 1950's. Just saying. :oops:

The woman in hospital has told those visiting that is what she had.

My son repertedly had swine flu some 6/7 years ago. We took him to the private hospital in Buriram, but they had no accommodation available for him, so we took him to the Nang Rong private hospital. There he was diagnosed with swine flu,and I was given to understand that it was reported.

There was apparently no medicine available here in Thailand, and I had a supply sent especially from Dubai.

I have just been told that the Doctors in Prakhonchai hospital have now told our local lady that she does not have swine flu after all. She does however have dengue fever.

I have just been told that the Doctors in Prakhonchai hospital have now told our local lady that she does not have swine flu after all. She does however have dengue fever.

They do seem to get confused between swine fever, dengue fever and the sexually transmitted disease that you (were said) to have...

Doesn't exactly instill confidence, does it ?

They do seem to get confused between swine fever, dengue fever and the sexually transmitted disease that you (were said) to have...

Doesn't exactly instill confidence, does it ?

Most of us have either insurance or money (or both) and have choices. Few Thai villagers have any choice. The only good thing about the Thai health scheme, is that unlike the UK, a Thai can get to see a doctor the same day, not days or weeks ahead, with an appointment

Most of us have either insurance or money (or both) and have choices. Few Thai villagers have any choice. The only good thing about the Thai health scheme, is that unlike the UK, a Thai can get to see a doctor the same day, not days or weeks ahead, with an appointment

I don't think you are up to date with the UK doctor's practices.

I don't think you are up to date with the UK doctor's practices.
Not having seen a UK GP for well over 30 years, I obviously do not have first hand information.

I do however keep in touch with UK family, and am often informed of the delays in obtaining an appointment to see a GP. The UK press regularly make similar comments. Different parts of the country are no doubt different.

Not having seen a UK GP for well over 30 years, I obviously do not have first hand information.

I do however keep in touch with UK family, and am often informed of the delays in obtaining an appointment to see a GP. The UK press regularly make similar comments. Different parts of the country are no doubt different.

No longer do you just bowl up (the pressure on doctors' surgeries became impossible).

I called at 09:05 regarding my hernia; doctor called me back at 10:30, I described the situation and he I said "I think I had better take a look can you you come in now" - I said I will be there in 10 minutes.

It is a screening process and there are other options, other than A&E, if you need medical attention.

Back