Surin City - Rubbish Collection

nomad97

Resident Geek
Today, the residents living in Kokpalat received a letter from the Town Hall advising that a new rubbish collection service had started. The letter also advised that the service would cost 20 Baht/month, 240 Baht for the year.

My wife rang the telephone number provided and was told the bill could be paid in the Council Offices behind the airfield. However, he also said he would be collecting in person from our location tomorrow morning if that would be easier.

Good news! Weekly rubbish collection for 240 baht.year.

Today, the residents living in Kokpalat received a letter from the Town Hall advising that a new rubbish collection service had started. The letter also advised that the service would cost 20 Baht/month, 240 Baht for the year.

My wife rang the telephone number provided and was told the bill could be paid in the Council Offices behind the airfield. However, he also said he would be collecting in person from our location tomorrow morning if that would be easier.

Good news! Weekly rubbish collection for 240 baht.year.

I'm sure we've been paying Bht 240/year now for a long time. We pay the Puyai Baan and receive a sticker for our bin (the bins were issued free about 8 years ago but some sod(s) went through the village nicking all the lids!).

Just paid ours today. A WHOPPING 40 baht per month.;;bad simle;;
I have been living in Surin for the past 15 years and I enjoyed a weekly rubbish collection. This has been a free service, paid for I believe, by the property developer. Usually, the rubbish is collected in the early hours of Monday morning. Bruno, our ever alert guard dog, was at his post as usual and loudly heralded the arrival of the rubbish collectors. I did wake up, thanks to my ever-watchful guard dog and thanked him for depriving me of my sleep. I noticed that the rubbish collection was different from previous collections. The truck went up and down the road collecting rubbish whereas previously it only went down the road one way. I commented on this fact to my wife the following morning. Now I know why. It's a new service.

At long last, we are being asked to contribute 240 baht a year. Can't complain about that, can we? :D:D:D

Out in the village we recycle everything possible and then burn whatever is not recyclable at no monthly cost. Any extra food is given to the mama pigs as a bonus. There has been a non-littering push around these parts for awhile, and my efforts to this, in addition, has helped. We are a surprisingly clean little group of villages in our area, and I'm proud of us.

Out in the village we recycle everything possible and then burn whatever is not recyclable at no monthly cost. Any extra food is given to the mama pigs as a bonus. There has been a non-littering push around these parts for awhile, and my efforts to this, in addition, has helped. We are a surprisingly clean little group of villages in our area, and I'm proud of us.
We don't worry about the left-overs, with 2 organic recycling machines living on the premises, we never waste food. Bruno and Emily make sure of that.

915px-Labrador_Retriever_black_portrait_Flickr.jpg

Woof, woof!

Collection of rubbish has always been free in my village. Every Monday and Thursday morning circa 1.30am. And not just normal household waste either. They will take whatever is left by the bins, be it old trees, beds, furniture or whatever.

Mario...burning is a NO-NO!

Collection of rubbish has always been free in my village. Every Monday and Thursday morning circa 1.30am. And not just normal household waste either. They will take whatever is left by the bins, be it old trees, beds, furniture or whatever.

Mario...burning is a NO-NO!

Living in the 'city' I would certainly agree with that. I would be right pissed off if my neighbour started burning old rubber tyres and the like, especially if the wind was blowing it in my direction.

Villagers have neighbours too!
True enough. We don't burn at home, but rather at some of our more remote land...which is also happens to be next door to the village Headman's home. You've got me curious enough to research the laws on burning though, as everyone around these parts burn.

mario village does not have garbage collection which leaves him we no choice but to burn. We in KC only started getting collection about 3 years back. About the only thing burnt about us is the ocasional brush cuttings. Every now and then someone does burn an old nappy or two.:eek:;;cry;;;;haha;;

True enough. We don't burn at home, but rather at some of our more remote land...which is also happens to be next door to the village Headman's home. You've got me curious enough to research the laws on burning though, as everyone around these parts burn.

When we were devoid of rubbish collectors for a few weeks (the result of an altercation between Surin and Buriram councils), we would bag up the rubbish and, under cover of early morning darkness, deposit it either in or alongside the bins in town.

When we were devoid of rubbish collectors for a few weeks (the result of an altercation between Surin and Buriram councils), we would bag up the rubbish and, under cover of early morning darkness, deposit it either in or alongside the bins in town.

Been there, done that...better still a neighbour you don't like.

Me too!

Update. The man who said he would collect our fee for the new rubbish collection arrived this morning with a tale of woe. He was collecting from another house nearby when he fell down the drain up to his waist in waste water and muck. His trousers and feet were covered in it and he needed help to extricate himself from the glory hole. Just got to feel sorry for him. Anyway, we are now paid up for the year (240 baht) and have a blue/white sticker on our mailbox to prove it. I did observe that we were the only ones along the soi that paid this morning. I guess it will be interesting to see who has their rubbish collected next Monday morning.
;;exciting;;;;exciting;;;;exciting;;

Last edited:
Back