A Sensible Solution

Yorky

Fullritis Member
They may have been around a long time but I've only this week been aware of them. Adapters to permit Euro plugs to be safely connected to Thai 3 pin electrical sockets.

Available from Lazada.

Europlug adaptor s.jpg

When I fitted my house electrics I installed international sockets, that I could use with British, Thai and Chinese plugs

w8318d_haco_1_1.jpg

A lot of the tech I have bought from China, comes with chinese plugs. The stuff I bought in the UK or Hong Kong has British plugs. The tech I have bought in Thailand over the years has a variety of 2 and 3 pin; flat and round pin plugs, some of which could be called euro plugs. All work with the Haco sockets I bought from Thai wasadu.

I would add that buying the adapter is the cheapest option

This is the Euro plug that I am talking about (for @nomad97). The earth is on the side.

They are/were fitted to our Phillips multicooker, De Longhi deepfry, Teelfal toaster, Homeworth halogen oven and Teefal kettle (all bought from stores in Thailand).

Europlug.jpg

A lot of the tech I have bought from China, comes with chinese plugs. The stuff I bought in the UK or Hong Kong has British plugs. The tech I have bought in Thailand over the years has a variety of 2 and 3 pin; flat and round pin plugs, some of which could be called euro plugs. All work with the Haco sockets I bought from Thai wasadu.

I'm not saying that they don't work with normal Thai three pin sockets. However, they will not be earthed.

This is the Euro plug that I am talking about (for @nomad97). The earth is on the side.

They are/were fitted to our Phillips multicooker, De Longhi deepfry, Teelfal toaster, Homeworth halogen oven and Teefal kettle (all bought from stores in Thailand).

View attachment 34626
Thanks @Yorky, I now understand what you are saying. I do have 3 plugs that would benefit from the adaptor; electric kettle, toaster, and microwave. Been using them for years, obviously without an earth wire.

Thanks @Yorky, I now understand what you are saying. I do have 3 plugs that would benefit from the adaptor; electric kettle, toaster, and microwave. Been using them for years, obviously without an earth wire.

I bought mine for around ฿130.00 each (from Lazada). I later noticed that if you have the patience to scour 102 pages you will likely get them for around ฿90.00 each.

In the past I've either used one suitable lead for two or three appliances or cut off the offending plug and rewire one of these. Not only are they ugly but can tear the skin of your hand when disengaging. These adapters are far more sensible.

plug black s.jpg

I put a pin in the hole in my Euro plugs.
Fits nicely without further modification.

I put a pin in the hole in my Euro plugs.
Fits nicely without further modification.

But where do you get the pins? I've looked in a number of outlets without success. Even thought of having some made at one time.

This is the lead that I did swap around between the appliances to which it fit. I think this may have come with a Phillips rice cooker.

twin earth lead s.jpg

Back