Buriram Farang

Or maybe just open it to all to the public with a couple of Mods that coulod be recruited to keep an eye on it? Give the mods enough authority to keep it running and cleaned up of the spam?
What I do not understand is how the spammers can post to the website? They have not registered and yet they can post all the spam as and when they like. Recently, their activity has increased 10 fold. Can anyone advise how to stop them from posting?

I'm still banned. [emoji20][emoji20][emoji20][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]
You may be banned from the beer but not BuriramFarang.com

1634899618400.png

You never were banned and you still have an active moniker.

103b2aef45815664e105a801e6f4008a.jpg

I would imagine that they are also anonymous.
I am just wondering if BE has had the same problem as SF of letting people interested to join. Anyone should be able to join up easy. The Mods are there to catch those that do not follow the rules and cause problems and can mete out punishments accordingly. Up to and including banishment and deletion of their account. Most do not need that harsh of a punishment. I have seen even the worst of the 'troublemakers' have their areas of interest, their 'expertise' in certain areas of interest, and can add a lot to a board. It is usually personality clashes that cause issues. Some can handle admonishment and correct their behavior, and some cannot and will not ever change their ways.

I am just wondering if BE has had the same problem as SF of letting people interested to join. Anyone should be able to join up easy. The Mods are there to catch those that do not follow the rules and cause problems and can mete out punishments accordingly. Up to and including banishment and deletion of their account. Most do not need that harsh of a punishment. I have seen even the worst of the 'troublemakers' have their areas of interest, their 'expertise' in certain areas of interest, and can add a lot to a board. It is usually personality clashes that cause issues. Some can handle admonishment and correct their behavior, and some cannot and will not ever change their ways.

Agree with all that.

I actually believe that these forums find their own level and, as much as some people may wish to think otherwise, 'recruitment drives, achieve Jack. Forums mirror society and are an extension of physical discussion and debate. The beauty/issue with local forums is that most 'members' have met. That was one of the benefits of the wilted get togethers. Buriram Expats is dying on it's arse, not because any lack of proactive management but simply because the demand is not there. The ill-fated Buriram Farang and, God Forbid Roi-et forums were never going to get off the ground - that wasn't rocket-science.

Surin Farang fares much better (along with some of the Udon forums) because they have a core of active members. It is logical to assume that SF will fade as members die off and few, if any, new people come to the area and become members.

Forums such as ASEAN (ex Thai Visa) are totally different and largely impersonal. Usually a very good source of information, too many keyboard warriors for my liking; as for the likes of Pattaya Addicts.....well, up to you but that forum seems to attract the lowest of the low life.

Last edited:
Agree with all that.

I actually believe that these forums find their own level and, as much as some people may wish to think otherwise, 'recruitment drives, achieve Jack. Forums mirror society and are an extension of physical discussion and debate. The beauty/issue with local forums is that most 'members' have met. That was one of the benefits of the wilted get togethers. Buriram Expats is dying on it's arse, not because any lack of proactive management but simply because the demand is not there. The ill-fated Buriram Farang and, God Forbid Roi-et forums were never going to get off the ground - that wasn't rocket-science.

Surin Farang fares much better (along with some of the Udon forums) because they have a core of active members. It is logical to assume that SF will fade as members die off and few, if any, new people come to the area and become members.
Largely agree. Since the last get together ?5/6 years ago, I think quite a few of the current few regular posting members have not met each other.Perhaps when mixing and travelling become easier that can be rectified.

Agree with all that.

Forums such as ASEAN (ex Thai Visa) are totally different and largely impersonal. Usually a very good source of information, too many keyboard warriors for my liking; as for the likes of Pattaya Addicts.....well, up to you but that forum seems to attract the lowest of the low life.
I agree that forums find their own level and BuriramFarang.com with 1,160 members has found its own level. Only the spammers now post. I do moderate on that forum, as well as this one. So now you know.

Back