Fence Post Auger Recommendations

Peciacake

We've got 250 concrete fence posts to install starting next week. Can anyone recommend a brand of petrol driven fence post auger that is up to dealing with the dreaded Isaan rock hard soil. Also where to buy in Surin or Buriram.

It was some time ago now, but the only place I ever spotted a machine as you describe was in Ruangsangthai in Buriram.

Take your pick.

View attachment 46027

Thank you for your reply Nomad. Found these too. Was after a personal recommendation on quality / durability / fit for purpose.

Thank you for your reply Nomad. Found these too. Was after a personal recommendation on quality / durability / fit for purpose.
Can't help you there. From the replies you have received, you may have to trust your own judgement.

I purchased one on lazada, i'll see if I can find a Photo. It's drilled several hundred holes.
Hired labor to drill holes with machine, worked OK, did the job. It's not easy to handle watching it being used.
I looked into renting a local machine, 10 baht a hole is what they wanted, you supply the labor etc.
The only thing I didn't like about it it was to cycle, you mix the oil with fuel.
Happy I purchase the machine, it's already paid for itself and has more work to do.

I would seriously recommend finding this and hiring him. If you have not used a posthole borer before they are not easy to use. One the experiences I had was when hitting a old tree root or stick.
You can turn into a helicopter.
Go the tractor war with a auger.
DC, Plus they are heavy and a back killer. With 250 post holes to dig yes I would go the 'hire the tractor dude with the auger attachment' route. :)

And I have used the gasoline auger before (for posts and for ice fishing) and done it manually with this below (not 250 that's for sure 5555).

1639370243192.png

And I have used the gasoline auger before (for posts and for ice fishing) and done it manually with this below (not 250 that's for sure 5555).

View attachment 46054
This is what PEA uses exclusively for installing power poles. Anyone see them use an auger? All my power poles are on an angle. None of them was even accidentally put in straight. They were out of their brains on Lao Khaow. An Auger would at least had them straightish.

Back