Proposed SF Get Together at 214 Diner

Surely not Christmas Eve, as I need to be home to have a drinkie with Santa as he drops down my chimney

And why not have a rehearsal for the proposed Christmas do.

Suggest a day...perhaps mid August..and rather than call it an SF function, (enough to put a few people off) just announce a get together for all SF members/wives and partners and like minded people in the locality, and play it by ear. A reasonable chance more of us available then, than perhaps 6 months hence!
something like this Nick ?

or would during the September school holidays be a better time ?

Attachments

• Everyone welcome.pdf
    33.1 KB · Views: 11
something like this Nick ?

or would during the September school holidays be a better time ?
I think my daughter's holidays are during October. I say think because we never know for sure until a couple of days before they start. ;;exciting;;

20220610_123317.jpg

ok guys, we are going to run with this, see how much interest we get.

If it goes well, we might do another during the Sep - Oct School Holidays, then one for Christmas.

anyone intending to attend please make comment here or contact me or the wife.

cheers.

View attachment 50783

ok guys, we are going to run with this, see how much interest we get.

If it goes well, we might do another during the Sep - Oct School Holidays, then one for Christmas.

anyone intending to attend please make comment here or contact me or the wife.

cheers.
perhaps one of the Mods can change the thread title to 214 Diner get together - August , or something similar ?

I think my daughter's holidays are during October. I say think because we never know for sure until a couple of days before they start. ;;exciting;;
yeah, I think the holidays run from Mid September to Mid October, different schools starting on different days.

Well worth a try Rob.

I see you are following the perpetual 3pm start time. Wouldn't early evening be preferable.... evenings being a better time to start drinking

Any nearby accommodation for non- Suriners, where one can walk to or easily get transport.?

Well worth a try Rob.

I see you are following the perpetual 3pm start time. Wouldn't early evening be preferable.... evenings being a better time to start drinking

Any nearby accommodation for non- Suriners, where one can walk to or easily get transport.?
Only a suggestion, maybe, a designated driver, with their own transport, could be, for a fee, be available for local pickups and
home delivery after.
This would kill two birds with the one stone, 1: eliminating congestion in Robs soi. 2: Getting members and families home safe.

Well worth a try Rob.

Hi Nick 3pm, start eating maybe a cheeky beer or two by 5 or 6 drinks down, 7,8, 9,pm getting in the groove, had a few games of pool and heading in to town.
Driver on hand to take you into town, free of charge, but feel free to tip him.

this was my vision

Only a suggestion, maybe, a designated driver, with their own transport, could be, for a fee, be available for local pickups and
home delivery after.
This would kill two birds with the one stone, 1: eliminating congestion in Robs soi. 2: Getting members and families home safe.
designated driver (My Son) on hand . :)

CAN. Designated driver may get us "home", but how do we get there in the first place?
Anyway,count me as IN for Sat 20th August..Probably stay in the rooms end of Soi Cola
I'm sure we can arrange for a pick up Nick if required. give me a PM and we will arrange for that.
cheers.

Amazing Surin has taxis too ! (Simply unbelievable, heh.)

Surely they charge one price for one, two or three persons headed from and to the same location.

Surely they charge one price for one, two or three persons headed from and to the same location.
i can arrange my son to collect, if required, for the price of the gas

I've seen the odd one or 2 tuk tuks, but never a taxi in Surin. And motorcy taxis you can forget!
I;m sure we can all arrange something when we need it in August. Thanks for the offers Rob

I've seen the odd one or 2 tuk tuks, but never a taxi in Surin. And motorcy taxis you can forget!
I;m sure we can all arrange something when we need it in August. Thanks for the offers Rob
The taxis are usually parked up around the Surin bus depot from what I have noticed.

Back