Proposed new 10 year visa!

5555555555555555555555555 Yeah, right. This silly sausage is dreaming and off his rocker to think there will be people flocking to this visa. LOL

To be considered a “rich global citizen,” the foreigner must invest at least 16.35 million baht, or US$500,000, in government bonds, property or foreign direct investment. They must have at least US$80,000 in income earned over the last 2 years and US$1 million in assets.

Rich retirees must be 50 years old or older. They must invest $250,000 in government bonds or real estate as well as have an annual income of at least US$40,000.

For those working in Thailand, to be eligible for the proposed long-stay visa, they must be close to retirement and have an annual income US$40,000. They must also have at least a master’s degree or rights in intellectual property with 5 years of experience in research.

Last edited:
These so called rich people will also know how the Thai Immigration Dept have been shafting foreigners for decades and then making rules increasingly harder because of the existence of corrupt IO's who bend the rules.
Have a more honest & efficient immigration policy , then watch the people stay here.

Even before Covid. There has been a steady rot. Tourists, expats and foreign investment, all in decline. The fish is rotting and we all know the old saying. Where a fish starts rotting from.

Even before Covid. There has been a steady rot. Tourists, expats and foreign investment, all in decline. The fish is rotting and we all know the old saying. Where a fish starts rotting from.

Only western tourists.........

The government made it known that people with assets of more than US$1 million can also apply, as can retirees who have a stable pension.

The benefits to successful applicants are huge. They will be rewarded with a digital work permit while personal income tax rates will be reduced to 17% for all visa holders.

Retirees "rewarded" with work permits - that's new.

I was under the impression that the income tax rate was 15% (although I am not aware of to how much income that applies).

I would imagine that many "experts" who do qualify, would not be interested anyway?
Why, in the name of sanity, would you shell out ฿฿฿฿฿฿฿฿฿฿฿฿฿฿฿฿฿฿฿฿฿฿฿฿ + to step back 100 years.
Anyone with that sort of coin is, a mover and shaker so, Wtf is my question.
The 1 rai of land will be the kicker ;;haha;; ;;haha;; ;;haha;; ;;haha;; ;;haha;; :p:):cool:

Back