International travel COVID-19 Passport, Farang 170 baht, Thai 50 baht.

lightfoot

Surin Legend
International travel COVID-19 Passport, Farang 170 baht, Thai 50 baht, Surin hospital

Surin hospital, I had the pleasure, NOT, of going to Surin hospital today for international COVID-19 passport for myself and wife. The Chargers were Farang 170 baht, Thai 50 baht.
Indignation saying it mildly, experienced when I was called by my wife concerning the chargers.

On top of that she was told the big boss will not be back in order to do the passports until the 19th August.

The instructions say to three day turnaround.

Pretty much over it now but it might hang me up on a impending trip for medical services.

Amazing Thailand !

Attachments

• COVID-19 passport Surin hospital.png
    COVID-19 passport Surin hospital.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
Same for me in Buriram.
Curious where you got yours in Buriram ? Maybe I'll go there to expedite matters. Any knowledge out there that you have to get the COVID-19 password at a hospital that has medical records pertaining to you? I do have medical records in Surin hospital and they asked for the hospital number.

Curious where you got yours in Buriram ? Maybe I'll go there to expedite matters. Any knowledge out there that you have to get the COVID-19 password at a hospital that has medical records pertaining to you? I do have medical records in Surin hospital and they asked for the hospital number.

First of all you don't need a "Covid passport". You only need to show evidence of vaccination where it is called for and the vaccination certificates satisfy that.

I only got the passport because I was in Buriram government hospital for the booster and it was convenient to do so.

Covid passports are administered by the DODC and there is an office of the Department of Desease Control on the ground floor of the hospital.

The cost for a Farang must have changed recently.
I got the certificate end of March and was charged 50 baht
Same for me at gov health building. 50 baht was the charge. Was with wife, daughter and SIL. All same charge. Do you have the Pink ID card? Showed mine along with passport.

Lately I've been reading about "inflation". :p

(Sometimes the truth seems to become a very subjective matter.)

The good news is our inoculations were the same price as a Thai citizen.
They initially received Sinovac and we got either A-Z or Pfizer.
So who really got screwed ? :cool:

Has things changed since I left. It was free for online certificates and only a fee if you wanted to pick one up. Anyway don't get bitter and twisted about farang price differences.
It was passed into law 5 years ago already that it is completely legal to charge what you like to a foreigner. With no restrictions. Yep its a charming country.

I applied for my pink Thai ID card in our local district Prasat. First person to get one. Prasat didn't have the set up issue them so they had to contact Bangkok for instructions and wait for the software, set up or whatever they needed to issue them.
I found out about them the ID cards from a volunteer working with out reach program US Embassy in Khon Kaen when they used to have them.
They wanted it at Surin hospital for the over priced international travel COVID-19 passport. Plus the delay in obtaining the passport by the ineptitude of ???
Still smoldering a bit from getting Fruked.

I love Thailand where you can have trumped up local officials, that can make up their own rules as they go along, as to how Yellow house book and pink cards are issued.
In Sikhoraphum they made it so onerous I gave up. As did my Pu Yai Baan that tried his best. Unfortunately for me I just can't go to another office to bypass, like you can Land transport Department. When I get back I might try again. That particular person setting those rules may of moved on or died. Who else has been asked for notorised copies from their embassy of their parents birth certificates? That was only part of a hand full of BS documents that they wanted. They were most interested in receiving the statement of unyielding love and financial support I have for my wife. Which I do, but WTF! Oh did I say it has to be written in Thai.

If it's a quiz?.....I will go for "Lightfoot".

I simply mention that because the thread is about dual pricing :wink:

Of course there is dual pricing!
Go to any National Park in Thailand.

(You think a Thai man is going to pay B2000 to a bar girl to spend the night? :p lol)

Of course there is dual pricing!
Go to any National Park in Thailand.

(You think a Thai man is going to pay B2000 to a bar girl to spend the night? :p lol)
Depends upon the class, financial status of the Thai person. I'm not talking necessarily about bargirls, I sure there are some included.
If you can negotiate in fluent Thai it opens up a different world rather than non-fluent speaking Thai Farang land.
I'm not trying to be argumentative.

Last edited:
If you can negotiate in fluent Thai it opens up a different world rather than non-fluent speaking Thai Farang land.
I'm not trying to be argumentative.

Without being argumentive re: 'dual pricing' ...your Mrs speaks Thai...and she purchased your 'higher priced' "Covid"-passport.

Seriously an overcharge of over US$3..."Where is the justice?"

I'll check in with @Rice as to how being fluent in speaking and reading Thai paves the road ahead with Thai officialdom. (Tongue in cheek per his post above.)

Or are you referring strictly to negotiating rates with a future partner, spouse or one-nighter.
Personally I believe there is "an expectation" [of a higher future gain] on the part of any 'woman'/ partner (Thai and elsewhere throughout the globe) from the westernized male (unless the woman/ partner) is the real breadwinner.
Just my opinion.

But assuredly, let's not go off the topic of your OP. Go to any Thai National Park and see the dual rates for admission...whether one speaks Thai fluently or not.

Last edited:
Without being argumentive re: 'dual pricing' ...your Mrs speaks Thai...and she purchased your 'higher priced' passport.

I'll check in with @Rice as to how being fluent in speaking and reading Thai paves the road ahead with Thai officialdom. (Tongue in cheek)

Or are you referring strictly to negotiating rates with a future partner, spouse or one-nighter.
Personally I believe there is "an expectation" [of a higher future gain] on the part of any 'woman'/ partner (Thai and elsewhere throughout the globe) from the westernized male (unless the woman/ partner is the real breadwinner.
Just my opinion.

But assuredly, let's not go off the topic of your OP. Go to any Thai National Park and see the dual rates for admission...whether one speaks Thai fluently or not.
You keep talking about national park dual pricing but that is irrelevant.... Lightfoot and I go to said national parks, we each pay the Farang price.

Lightfoot and I (+ others) go for a vaccine passport, I (+ others) pay 50 Baht whereas Lightfoot gets gouged for 175 Baht.

That is not dual pricing, that is Lightfoot pricing! :)

You keep talking about national park dual pricing but that is irrelevant.... Lightfoot and I go to said national parks, we each pay the Farang price.

Lightfoot and I (+ others) go for a vaccine passport, I (+ others) pay 50 Baht whereas Lightfoot gets gouged for 175 Baht.

That is not dual pricing, that is Lightfoot pricing! :)

Is it even possible they have six tiers of pricing ?
How much gold was shown! :p

As reported on this forum by others >>>> TIT :)
Is it really any wonder ? :p

Last edited:
Back