Prasat Phanom Rung

The Thai driver's licence has worked for me at many venues, including Nong Nooch and Khao Kheow Zoo out of Pattaya.

Khao Kheow Zoo always try to refuse the DL. You have to barter.

Same at Phimai. The ticket person had never seen a Thai DL so refused to charge me the Thai rate. I sat in the noodle shop over the road while the rest went in.

The smaller site, Sri Satchanalai (which is a lovely spot) let me in on Thai price..... because they found my Thai so amusing.

Khao Kheow Zoo always try to refuse the DL. You have to barter.

Same at Phimai. The ticket person had never seen a Thai DL so refused to charge me the Thai rate. I sat in the noodle shop over the road while the rest went in.

You must look suspicious, fulhamster. I have never had a problem in 4-5 visits to Khao Kheow Zoo. In fact, on my initial visit, I was alerted to the possibility of a discount by the gatekeeper asking if I had a Thai DL.

Nice pictures but spooky! You are the only one standing on the steps - what happened to all the other tourists?

I have got many Thai Price entries to Musesums, National parks etc with my Thai Driving licence along with speaking thai !! ThumbUp6

Yes it works in most places ,however if it's a rural place and only a little more expensive I don't bother ,I see a lot of these places need every baht they can get to restore ,but for sure tourist traps every time .

I speak Thai, show Tax Id card and Social security card. I'm just like a local. Never paid any different price that Thai price anywhere.:wink:ThumbUp6

I do agree that it is a grey area. Is it a tourist price or a farang price?

What would happen if a bunch of Malaysians or Filipinos turned up?

Grand palace bangkok..

Thai people free
Farang 500bt

No getting around this one I'm afraid

Sent from my Samsung, like iphone but better ;)

Got in there free too, Danny.

So did I, Stevo, but it was a long while ago. My friend and I went there in 1957 (yes, 1957). We had to wear suits in those days to go in.... but we went on the wrong day! A palace guard took pity on these two yourg farangs, all dressed up, and gave us a private tour!

Those were the days! Very few farangs about, and everybody very polite.

So did I, Stevo, but it was a long while ago. My friend and I went there in 1957 (yes, 1957). We had to wear suits in those days to go in.... but we went on the wrong day! A palace guard took pity on these two yourg farangs, all dressed up, and gave us a private tour!

Those were the days! Very few farangs about, and everybody very polite.

I'm not that old IB. In fact my Dad was only 11 in 1957.:tongue:

I went to the Grand Palace in 2006. Showed Tax ID and Social Security card.

I do, however, remember Buriram "farangless". That was in 1998. Could walk about town all day without seeing another westerner.

Back