Water Shortages In Surin - July 2019

If folk are going to take photos of Thai signs please make them readable. It is very frustrating. Trying to blow up print taken on an angle.
I gave up.

If folk are going to take photos of Thai signs please make them readable.

I apologize unreservedly.

Unfortunately it is now too dark to retake the photo, so here is what the sign says:

งบประมาณรายจ่ายประจำปีงบหระมาณ พ.ศ 2562 งบกลาง รายการเงินสำรองจ่ายเพื่อกรณีฉุกเฉินหรือจำเป็น เพื่อแก้ไขและบรรเทาปัญหาความเดือดร้อนของประชาชนในเขตพื้นที่ อันเนื่องมาจากภัยแล้งและอุทกภัยในจังหวัด โครงการ ขุดลอกห้วยทัพพล บ้านโคกกระชาย หมู่ที่13,บ้านกันแสง-คอโค หมู่ที่2,บ้านปวงตึก หมู่ที่11, บ้านบุตาดี หมู่ที่12, บ้านสลักไดหมู่ที่1 ตำบลสลักได อำเภอเมืองจังหวัดสุรินทร์ จังหวัดสุรินทร์ งบประมาณ 9,500,000บาท (เก้าล้านห้าแสนบาทถ้วน) ปริมาณงาน ขุดลอกห้วยทัพพล
อำเภอเมืองสุรินทร์ เป็นหน่วยงานรับผิดชอบ

Bugger all water near your home .

Only just realised @nomad97 had posted a satellite photo of my home during the waiting for the dirt to settle stage. Very impressive!

Now have water and home....

pond.jpg

Since July 2019 we've reduced our water usage from 11-12 cm/m to 8-9 cm/m. During the serious drought period we were down to less than 5 cm/m so we still have savings that can be implemented.

Looks like another dry one..:rolleyes:

Thailand’s rainy season officially begins May 18th

Thailand officially enters the rainy season Monday, said Meteorological Department director-general Squadron Leader Somsak Khaosuwan.

Citing a meteorological model, he said that the rainy season this year will last until mid-October. The rain will, initially, be scattered and will steadily increase from the end of May through mid-June, when rainfall will then taper off until the middle of July.

He said that there might not be enough water for farmland which has no access to irrigation between mid-June to mid-July adding, however, that there will be more rain during August and September, with the possibility of one or two tropical storms moving across Thailand.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailands-rainy-season-officially-begins-may-18th/

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2020-05-18

Back