Extension of Stay time again.

Yorky

Fullritis Member
I shall be applying for my latest extension of stay (retirement) on either Wednesday or Thursday this week.

I would ask if recent applications of others have discovered any new requirements/documents for this application.

Last year the list was:

Completed TM7 (previous years it was double sided, last year 2 pages were required - I shall take both).
Copy of photograph page and details page of passport
Copy of passport page which details immigration information transferred from previous passport
Copy of latest TM6 Departure card
Copy of passport page with entry stamp dated as on Departure card
Copy of passport pages with previous extensions for the last 5 years (maybe less than 5 years but to be on the safe side)
Bank letter confirming balance at date of application for extension
Copy of bank passbook front page (with name and account number)
Copy of bank passbook pages detailing deposits/withdrawals and balances for at least the last 2 years (final balance showing amount and date exactly as bank letter)
Signed bank statement detailing transactions for the previous four months (at least). Final balance amount and date exactly as bank letter and passbook.
Copy of my wife's ID card (as owner of the house in which I stay)
Copy of my wife's Tabien Baan (as owner of the house in which I stay)

We don't sign the copies of documets up front as Immigration have an official stamp now to show you where to sign.

Thanks in advance for any new information.

Last edited:
Bring your wife with you too @Yorky .

You'll find the process will go smoother without your involvement beyond you signing papers when requested. :)

Completed TM7 (previous years it was double sided, last year 2 pages were required - I shall take both).

Last year I took the completed TM7 double sided as instructed by Immigration Head Office and as I have been doing for 20 years. The girl removed my photograph, went into the office copied both sides of the TM7, returned with two pages and then attached the photograph and asked me to sign.

It must have been "work experience day".

Last year I took the completed TM7 double sided as instructed by Immigration Head Office and as I have been doing for 20 years. The girl removed my photograph, went into the office copied both sides of the TM7, returned with two pages and then attached the photograph and asked me to sign.

It must have been "work experience day".
Last December, I printed the TM 7 on 1 sheet of paper (double-sided), as I have always done, and this was perfectly acceptable.

Last December, I printed the TM 7 on 1 sheet of paper (double-sided), as I have always done, and this was perfectly acceptable.

Mine was in May. Shows how bloody awkward they can be when they try.

At least they didn't send me away to do it myself.

Yorky-I also take my yellow book & copy,

I hope you don't present it (unless asked). I take mine and this time my pink ID but I will not volunteer either. It has never been a requirement, in fact, Immigration are the authority required to obtain the yellow book and ID so it would be a bit about face.

Why do you take copies of your extensions in your passport for the last five years?
I have never done that.
It is not even requested.

Why do you take copies of your extensions in your passport for the last five years?
I have never done that.
It is not even requested.

Sometimes they ask for them, sometimes they don't. It costs me nothing so why not?

How many extension copies do you take?

There was one time when I forgot to take a copy of the last one. It was the only item I missed. The IO lent my wife his pushbike to go to the copyshop to get a copy.

Last edited:
Because I don't see the sense in giving them paper work that is not required.
Otherwise some ambitious IMO will get the idea that all of us should it.

They can be difficult enough at times without putting ideas into there heads.

As far as I can tell, the only items that are required are the passport, a completed TM7 and a brown envelope. All copies of whatever are requested by the individual Officer and appear to vary substantially at the whim of the Officer.

When I first started the farce of applying for an extension of stay the Kab Cheong office was about 1 km north of the town and was basically run by the Officer with the club foot. I would take an envelope with originals and copies of everything I could think of and he was almost desperate to get his hands on that envelope but I wouldn't have it. I asked him what he wanted and then produced same from my envelope.

I was granted a further 1 year extension of stay this morning. Despite my 90 day report date being 6th June 2022 I was given a receipt for a report with 16th August 2022 being the next due date.

Reference the single/double sided TM7, they took the double sided. However, after taking my photograph they printed another TM7 with that image but in Thai. That was single sided. After asking me to sign they added those pages to the rest of the documents. There was another Farang in front of me in the "queue" and the whole process took around 45 minutes

In order for the bank letter and passbook balances and dates to match, I first drew a nominal sum from the ATM outside the bank. The balance shown on the six month statement was dated yesterday but that didn't appear to bother the IO.

The roadworks at the DoHome crossroads are still causing delays so I would advise taking an alternative route to the Immigration offices.

Last edited:
Back