Extension of Stay time again.

I was granted a further 1 year extension of stay this morning. Despite my 90 day report date being 6th June 2022 I was given a receipt for a report with 16th August 2022 being the next due date.

Reference the single/double sided TM7, they took the double sided. However, after taking my photograph they printed another TM7 with that image but in Thai. That was single sided. After asking me to sign they added those pages to the rest of the documents. There was another Farang in front of me in the "queue" and the whole process took around 45 minutes

In order for the bank letter and passbook balances and dates to match, I first drew a nominal sum from the ATM outside the bank. The balance shown on the six month statement was dated yesterday but that didn't appear to bother the IO.

The roadworks at the DoHome crossroads are still causing delays so I would advise taking an alternative route to the Immigration offices.

So all in a la-di-da cakewalk experience for you.
Did they even address more than three questions to you ?
(Other than "can you sign here...sign here, sign here..."

Well done. Nice to have an Imm in Surin, heh.

So all in a la-di-da cakewalk experience for you.
Did they even address more than three questions to you ?
(Other than "can you sign here...sign here, sign here..."

Well done. Nice to have an Imm in Surin, heh.

I don't believe that they asked a single question of me.

It was my first time extension application in the Surin sub-office. Last year the sub-office had just opened a few days earlier so, expecting a few hiccoughs, I applied in Kab Cheong.

Last edited:
How many cases of Archa did this pleasant experience set you back ?
(4?)

฿1,900.00 (or ฿2,000.00 with tip). Archa is currently ฿550.00/case so you could work it out, being mathematically trained.

The bank cost me ฿100.00 for the letter and ฿200.00 for the bank statement (฿100.00 for each 3 months). No charge for photocopies.

Last edited:
Agree mate, the roadworks were a sh*t storm when we went to 214 diner.
The immigration monolith is impressive considering the area/ location---a little overkill,, me thinks. ;;haha;; ;;haha;; ;;haha;;

Why do you take copies of your extensions in your passport for the last five years?
I have never done that.
It is not even requested.

It appeared today that they wanted copies of the previous extension (2021) and the one prior to that (2020), i.e. all the ones in my current passport. I didn't ask why, I just went with the flow.

It appeared today that they wanted copies of the previous extension (2021) and the one prior to that (2020), i.e. all the ones in my current passport. I didn't ask why, I just went with the flow.
They have always required that of me. My last passport was a 10-year one, with 9 extensions. (9 pages had to be copied, in addition to the facing page and the visa transfer page.)

Agree mate, the roadworks were a sh*t storm when we went to 214 diner.
The immigration monolith is impressive considering the area/ location---a little overkill,, me thinks. ;;haha;; ;;haha;; ;;haha;;
A minor correction @FERRET. It is not the Immigration monolith, it is the Surin Government Service Center. I provides for many other Government services other than Immigration. Immigration is a relatively small service.

1652946728007.png

They have always required that of me. My last passport was a 10-year one, with 9 extensions. (9 pages had to be copied, in addition to the facing page and the visa transfer page.)

As that is/was your renewed passport since you last entered Thailand, did you need to copy your TM6 departure card and the last entry stamp from your previous passport or was that covered by the "visa transfer" stamp?

And car parking close to the rear entrance was at a premium. It appears to be busier each time I go (although it's only my third visit). I have no idea why they have built that network of roads there. If the place was empty, you could stage a Formula 1 Grand Prix there!

Surin Provincial.jpg

Last edited:
As that is/was your renewed passport since you last entered Thailand, did you need to copy your TM6 departure card and the last entry stamp from your previous passport or was that covered by the "visa transfer" stamp?
I think it is my third passport since entering Thailand. I have always copied the TM6 which, in my case, was/is an Arrival Card, now some 20 years old. I have never copied anything from my old passport. The Visa Transfer Stamp is all that was/is necessary.

Last edited:
And car parking close to the rear entrance was at a premium. It appears to be busier each time I go (although it's only my third visit). I have no idea why they have built that network of roads there. If the place was empty, you could stage a Formula 1 Grand Prix there!

Yes, lots of space for parking if you do not mind walking. The ramp to the rear entrance would make a good chicane after the long straight, albeit a little narrow. Get there early for premier parking slots right outside the rear entrance. I find 08.45 is excellent for that. Usually, first in the queue too. I find that very good for 90-day reports if you cannot report online. Failing that, get there just before lunchtime The Immigration Office is still manned although the Big Boss may disappear for lunch. There may be a delay waiting for her signature.

My wife does it all extension and 90 day report. I have not been IO going on 4 years. ;;haha;;

Does she sign the ancillary forms on your behalf? There are currently two that I was required to sign for my extension of stay.

If they are necessary, which I don't believe that they are, it's a pity that they can't be made available on the net for downloading - save delays in the office.

I have always copied the TM6 which, in my case, was/is an Arrival Card. I have never copied anything from my old passport. The Visa Transfer Stamp is all that was/is necessary.

Yours is from the stone age @nomad - they are now called departure cards. You leave your arrival card part at Immigration when you arrive.

TM6 blank.jpg

Last edited:
Yours is from the stone age @nomad - they are now called departure cards. You leave your arrival card part at Immigration when you arrive.

1652951909080.png

@Yorky, You had better tell the Thai Embassy it's all changed. :D :D :D

View attachment 50175

Not that my Card looks anything like that.

But you no longer have the "arrival card" part so you cannot submit it with your application to extend your stay. You only have the "departure card" part (well most folks have).

It used to be that case (and maybe still is) that Thais leaving the Kingdom are given an Arrival/Departure card and fill in the "departure part". The "arrival part" should stay in their passport until/if they return when that part is collected by Immigration.

Danny told me earlier that he copies every page of his passport that isn't blank. Whether Immigration bin some of those pages, he didn't know.

Back