10 year retirement visa

$10K health cover won't pay for very much. $50K should be the minimum (much the same as needed for a Schengen visa). Good hospitals in Thailand are very expensive!

Of the £3 million in the bank, it cannot be taken out for 1 year after visa issue, and will likely need to be replaced for the 2nd 5 year visa tranche.

90 day reporting still required, though there is soime suggestion it will be revised to 1 year reporting.

I wonder if you will be able to have a combination of income and capital for example 1 million baht in the bank and an income of 67.000 baht a month.
Will have to wait and see

Last edited:
I wonder if you will be able to have a combination of income and capital for example 1 million baht in the bank and an income of 67.000 baht a year.
Will have to wait and see

The initial requirement was for 3 million baht (and leaving it untouched for 1 year) That might bugger up income.

I think the new 10-year visa will be beyond the financial means of most long-stay expats. Even if they have the 3-million in the bank the prohibitive cost of providing annual medical cover, especially for those over 70 years of age, would make that a very expensive visa to maintain. I know I would have to shell out in excess of 100K to obtain that kind of medical cover. And I would still have to do the 90-day day report - hardly worth the effort. I guess I will be sticking with my existing yearly renewal.

I think the new 10-year visa will be beyond the financial means of most long-stay expats. Even if they have the 3-million in the bank the prohibitive cost of providing annual medical cover, especially for those over 70 years of age, would make that a very expensive visa to maintain. I know I would have to shell out in excess of 100K to obtain that kind of medical cover. And I would still have to do the 90-day day report - hardly worth the effort. I guess I will be sticking with my existing yearly renewal.

re sticking with yearly renewal

in the press (where I read about this) it was pointed out that the new 10 year scheme would replace the current 1 year scheme

but, who knows, will take time before it surfaces I guess

re sticking with yearly renewal

in the press (where I read about this) it was pointed out that the new 10 year scheme would replace the current 1 year scheme

but, who knows, will take time before it surfaces I guess
Yes, that is the scary part, Melvin. Hopefully there will eventually be some kind of grandfathering introduced.

Assuming the 1 year option remains available.

I would put money on it still being available.

Maybe included in the package will be the code to enable you to conduct the 90 day reporting on-line.
I hear one of these is included in the package .........................

enigma01.jpg

Back