2015 Surin Elephant Festival

ColinW

Surin relic
My partner told me tonight that this year it is on 21/22 November which I think is a week later than is normal.

Bit of a problem for me as we have some friends coming over from the UK 8th to 21st November who arranged their trip to cover the dates I gave them for the festival.

Can anyone confirm the dates?

My partner told me tonight that this year it is on 21/22 November which I think is a week later than is normal.

Bit of a problem for me as we have some friends coming over from the UK 8th to 21st November who arranged their trip to cover the dates I gave them for the festival.

Can anyone confirm the dates?

The Surin Elephant Round Up Festival takes place the third weekend of November.................http://www.nationmultimedia.com/tra...ing-to-Surin-for-the-elephant-f-30185867.html.

That would indeed make it 21st/22nd November

Think you should have asked the question earlier, Colin, or read older threads on the topic.

You will have to take them to the Elephant Village before they (the elephants) come to town. Then you might squeeze in the big parade and elephant feeding on the morning of Friday, 20th November. That should be enough elephants to keep them happy.

AB & Nick Sunday is the 1st and I must have calculated three week ends from that.
A lesson learned not to be too hasty.
I hope they can change their tickets without too big a penalty.

AB & Nick Sunday is the 1st and I must have calculated three week ends from that.
A lesson learned not to be too hasty.
I hope they can change their tickets without too big a penalty.

I would accept your reasonable excuse.

In Thailand, it is sensible to gather the answer to an important question from as many sources as possible, average the answers you are given, then you may have a 50% chance of arriving at the correct answer.

You can also drag them around the Red Cross Fair for some cheap souvenir shopping or terrify them at a night-time rock concert.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they are the adventurous type, I recommend getting wet, down and dirty with the elephants in the village by bathing them in the nearby river. Lots of fun.

It's that time of the year to watch out for reflective CD-ROMs crossing the roads and where your feet are stepping.

Have fun...if you can forget your conscience.
I wonder which bands are playing ...actually I'm not wondering as I'm probably not going. ;;ironman;;

Back