214 for Christmas Dinner

rob.doc

Surin Legend
hi guys, given the current circumstances with COVID, travel, etc.

the wife and I wondered if there would be any interest in holding a Christmas dinner event at our place, in the garden ?

Christmas day 3pm , simple 3 course meal bottle of wine on every table (table seats 4), all other alcohol pay as you go.

just putting the feelers out, if we get a lot of people interested and willing to commit we will go ahead.
(we will arrange transport into town in the evening after the dinner, as required)

last Christmas dinner we had at 214 we had a great crowd, but a lot of those guys are no longer here, for various reasons, are there enough guys here now interested to have a Christmas Dinner ?

drop me a mail or comment if there is any interest.

cheers

Sounds interesting Rob. For me and the wife it would be an overnighter, and will depend where my kids are going to be on 25th (currently in Bangkok, but will likely return for New year) I will enquire, but hard to pin them down, especially 2 months before.

Make a change from somtam and kwitiou with my red Christmas hat on.:)

Sounds interesting Rob. For me and the wife it would be an overnighter, and will depend where my kids are going to be on 25th (currently in Bangkok, but will likely return for New year) I will enquire, but hard to pin them down, especially 2 months before.

How do you know that somtam and kwitiou is not on the proposed menu?

I'm interested but it's a little early to commit yet.

be nice to see you in the hat Nick !

How do you know that somtam and kwitiou is not on the proposed menu?

I'm interested but it's a little early to commit yet.

simple British food on the menu. be good to see you and your better half there. (probably a thai main course as an alternative)

Definitely interested in that Rob, and I'd say that Wanderer +1 will be too (assuming he passes all his Covid-19 tests and is released from his ASQ confinement by then! ;) )

Definitely interested in that Rob, and I'd say that Wanderer +1 will be too (assuming he passes all his Covid-19 tests and is released from his ASQ confinement by then! ;) )

cheers Merlin, will take numbers nearer the time, and update all. Don't want to leave it to the last minute then have people scrambling around making alternative preparations.
so probably make a final decision start of December, take reservations for certain mid November.

Sounds good but we can not make it. I think Friday, 25th December is just another school day. My daughters will not finish their studies before 19.00 as Friday is always a late finish day.

Sounds good but we can not make it. I think Friday, 25th December is just another school day. My daughters will not finish their studies before 19.00 as Friday is always a late finish day.

i'm sure we can arrange to collect her and bring her to the party if need be. nothing is impossible.

as the older guys know (i include myself) all of the events, christmass lunch, SF get togethers have always been run, not for profit, but to bring the community together. indeed on every SF event we held, i along with others put money in the pot.
i just thought this would maybe be a way to get all the old guys together at a time when things are tough.

i'm sure we can arrange to collect her and bring her to the party if need be. nothing is impossible.

as the older guys know (i include myself) all of the events, christmass lunch, SF get togethers have always been run, not for profit, but to bring the community together. indeed on every SF event we held, i along with others put money in the pot.
i just thought this would maybe be a way to get all the old guys together at a time when things are tough.
My lovely wife and I would be happy to join, as we have always enjoyed previous get-together such as this could be. Count us in and keep us up-dated...and thank you.

My lovely wife and I would be happy to join, as we have always enjoyed previous get-together such as this could be. Count us in and keep us up-dated...and thank you.

cheers Mario, and thanks for the support.

we will ask for confirmed numbers in maybe 4 weeks time, 4 weeks before Christmas. if we have the numbers at that time we will proceed, if not we will let you know ASAP so all can make alternative arrangements.

i would like to think we could do this, i do think it is important for our community to stick together and be a group, i think we are all a little reluctant to do so, and i include myself in that criticism.
we all came here for the peace and tranquility, but maybe we all need to acknowledge that sometimes we need to speak and interact with our kind to be content and at ease,

a Christmas gathering, or a Scottish new year dinner would be an ideal opportunity, plus there are always people who perhaps chat on here or elsewhere, who have never actually met, or only meet once in years, so it is a great time to meet and catch up and reaffirm the bonds we share.

Back