'30' is the name...night-time is their game...

C

Coffee

...and no one that works there is over that age.
Delicious Thai cuisine with an extensive menu that's in Thai and English. Excellent service.
Located 50 metres south of entrance to Thong Tarin Hotel diagonally across the street from 7-11. (Sorry, dinner was finished when I remembered to take the pic...:flushed:)

20160818_213530.jpg

No expenses spared, eh? Tin roof, old paint peeled door for a table and its fortunate I can't see the floor boards - maybe spit and sawdust. Even the beer is warm - not your usual standards Coffee. Okay, the food was good and maybe the eye candy was young and beautiful too. See where you are coming from. A wink is as good as a nod to a blind man.

At least you're one member that knows where to locate plumbers tape in a home center shoppe. You da man ! :D

Nomad, good on you living in a cave. I know you've seen the world. ;)

'The Sunshine Day Night Club', now there's an oxymoron I can never forget. This was across the road from a very fine restaurant that served the best beef steaks that Kenya had to offer, and yes, they were very good indeed. In the darkest depths of Africa, down in Mombasa, was the 'Sunshine Day Night Club', a relic from a bygone age. A long bar down one side of the 'cave', an African combo playing at the far end, and the big momma's sitting everywhere, waiting for a drunken punter to arrive to make their night. The whole place was lit by one, just one, solitary light bulb hanging unadorned from the ceiling - it was pretty dark around the outer edges of the bar. Not unlike the pictures below ....

iu
iu
iu

It was horrendous! withing seconds of entering this den of iniquity there where hands everywhere, yes absolutely everywhere you could imagine, touching, feeling, probing like an octopus on 'speed'. I am very pleased to say I emerged alive and with my wedding tackle still in place. Yes, I now sit back in my man-cave and remissness, the bright lights of my youth have faded if not gone. But the thoughts still remain of another time, I too have seen a little of the world, very true indeed.

Sounds like a place I knew in Papua New Guinea it was a tin shed in the boon docks of Moresby they called "The British Club" obviously not the real one. The place was surrounded by a 9 foot tin and razor ribbon fence and guarded by the wife of the proprietors hill tribe with bow and arrows no less. I can't report like you NM, I did not emerge unscathed. That is story to only divulge over a bottle of good alcohol.

You're a brave man venturing out in Port Moresby, I have know crew get mugged before they even got out of the dock area!! Not my cuppa tea!!

No expenses spared, eh? Tin roof, old paint peeled door for a table and its fortunate I can't see the floor boards - maybe spit and sawdust. Even the beer is warm - not your usual standards Coffee. Okay, the food was good and maybe the eye candy was young and beautiful too. See where you are coming from. A wink is as good as a nod to a blind man.

I remember going to a party on the Brecon Beacons back in the summer of '69 (I was 20). It was a barn, the floor covered in quite a thick layer of straw. I'm sure the lighting was electric as there was music playing and the fire brigade was not called. Took a bird with me. I was probably the only male who didn't get a shag that night. Got back to the digs at 06:00.

You're a brave man venturing out in Port Moresby, I have know crew get mugged before they even got out of the dock area!! Not my cuppa tea!!

It is not for the faint of heart. To say the least. All the same I have some amazing stories from my time spent there

Back