50 Minutes today at KCI

Yorky

Fullritis Member
50 minutes it took to obtain my visa extension based upon retirement and also conduct my 90 day check-in. Exactly the same documents as last year.

The IO apologised that it took a long time but the new boss would not put up with any mistakes so he had to triple check that everything was correct. He also reiterated last years statement that it was not necessary to produce details of both my savings and fixed deposit accounts as the latter had sufficient funds.

Note for Nomad: after reading your post this morning re: 1 year statement, I printed off my last 6 months statement (more was not available) showing the pension being deposited every month from overseas. I did not include it in the package though, and the IO did not ask for it.

For information, yesterday at the bank, the manager asked a lot of questions as to what exactly we required to provide for immigration. Apparently there have been a few farangs who have returned to the bank following a KCI visit because their paperwork was not correct. Even when they revisited they were still unsure of what it was that they wanted/needed.

For information, yesterday at the bank, the manager asked a lot of questions as to what exactly we required to provide for immigration. Apparently there have been a few farangs who have returned to the bank following a KCI visit because their paperwork was not correct. Even when they revisited they were still unsure of what it was that they wanted/needed.

I had the boss lady last year and she wanted it. Oh dear, that does not sound right does it? My bank statement was required to support the Letter of Income from the Embassy, you had the dosh seasoned in your savings and deposit accounts. Maybe that is why there was a difference. Besides, staff change from one year to the next and requirements change too. It is always a bit of a lottery as to what is required.

They make it up as they go along I am sure. No one asks Head Office for direction as this would be a loss of face.

Another guy was told today whilst I was there that photographs printed via computer on normal paper were not acceptable (him and his wife): glossies were required.

I had the boss lady last year and she wanted it. Oh dear, that does not sound right does it? My bank statement was required to support the Letter of Income from the Embassy, you had the dosh seasoned in your savings and deposit accounts. Maybe that is why there was a difference. Besides, staff change from one year to the next and requirements change too. It is always a bit of a lottery as to what is required.

Afraid not Nomad. A few weeks ago I did my retirement extension with an embassy letter. I had 'back up evidence' with copies of my Kasikorn statements (and UK bank statements showing my pension going in) - none were asked for.

In Yorky's case he has been around since Methusalah and is probably grandfathered in and just has to show his bus pass. LMAO1

I have been thinking through my application again and it comes to pass that despite the numerous changes that have taken place in the documentation requirements of the Immigration Officers, I am still successfully presenting the same paperwork (obviously updated) that I was 14 years ago.

[Edit: actually less paperwork, I used to present a copy of my 2001 embassy letter but stopped this practice when I was informed that they wanted a new one every year.]

Last edited:

Yorky, what bank are you using. I have a Kasikorn account at Robinson and last time I did my extension (my first) the bank had not heard of the letter. I don't have much faith in this branch as they don't seem to know how to deal with farang at all.

I have been advised that the city branch is familiar with the letters and am contemplating opening another account there.

Thanks.

Yorky, what bank are you using. I have a Kasikorn account at Robinson and last time I did my extension (my first) the bank had not heard of the letter. I don't have much faith in this branch as they don't seem to know how to deal with farang at all.

I have been advised that the city branch is familiar with the letters and am contemplating opening another account there.

Thanks.

I use the main branch on Thanasan Road. However, don't necessarily expect them to know about the letter, the staff there appears to change yearly.

However, you must make it plain what you require. If you are using a savings account, withdraw a nominal sum from the ATM before you go in so that when the book is updated the last entry will be the same date as the forthcoming letter. If you are using a fixed deposit account, try to get them to process a "null" entry on said date. If they say they can't do this, ensure that you obtain a separate paper to confirm the sum that was in the account on that date.

Don't take anything for granted - check the date on the letter matches the date(s) on your passbook(s) and double check that the amount(s) are precisely the same (I'm aware of a farang that was refused the extension because the satang on his letter was written as .38 instead of .83).

And don't let them tell you that they know better what immigration require because they don't. Everyone's circumstances are likely to be different.

Good luck next time.

While I was playing my KCI games, I got up to four bank letters as they kept expiring, KCI told me they were only valid for two days.I got them from four different bank branch's of the same bank. So what I am saying is you don't need to go to where your account is held. That was KTB bye the way.

So what I am saying is you don't need to go to where your account is held.

However. I've known the senior teller in Robinson's Kasikorn for 15 years (he was in Surin before that) and he advised me not to bother with that branch - go to the main branch (implying that would prevent an inevitable cock up).

While I was playing my KCI games, I got up to four bank letters as they kept expiring, KCI told me they were only valid for two days.I got them from four different bank branch's of the same bank. So what I am saying is you don't need to go to where your account is held. That was KTB bye the way.

A letter stating your amount from your bank is only good for three days at KCI normally. Some immigration offices will only accept a same day letter. My suggestion lads,,stop screwing about and open a Bangkok Bank account as BB has the only bank in Kap Choeng and they will do a letter for you even if your account is in another BB at the other end of Thailand, also they are very aware of the KCI requirements. Cost is 100 baht.

.......stop screwing about and open a Bangkok Bank account as BB has the only bank in Kap Choeng..

I've been "screwing around" for 15 years with Kasikorn Bank (then Thai Farmer's) with virtually no problems because Bangkok Bank would not permit me to have internet banking without being in possession of a work permit.

A letter stating your amount from your bank is only good for three days at KCI normally. Some immigration offices will only accept a same day letter. My suggestion lads,,stop screwing about and open a Bangkok Bank account as BB has the only bank in Kap Choeng and they will do a letter for you even if your account is in another BB at the other end of Thailand, also they are very aware of the KCI requirements. Cost is 100 baht.

I like the way you say normally GL .Maybe different for me, eh.

I tried to get a letter from KTB at Prasat on the day I applied for my extension as KCI told me they could do one, however when I went there straight from KCI, I was told that the manager was out all afternoon and he had to sign the letter so I had to drive back to Surin. Could this not occur at BB in KC? Drive there ready to do the extension only to have to drive back because the boss was out.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

I've been "screwing around" for 15 years with Kasikorn Bank (then Thai Farmer's) with virtually no problems because Bangkok Bank would not permit me to have internet banking without being in possession of a work permit.

Depends on the branch. No problem at my end. Bank personal are very much less educated than immigration. Grab the c**t by her short hairs and demand to talk to a sup or the main office in BK. A retirement OR marriage is extension is good enough.

Depends on the branch. No problem at my end. Bank personal are very much less educated than immigration. Grab the c**t by her short hairs and demand to talk to a sup or the main office in BK. A retirement OR marriage is extension is good enough.

15 years ago it wasn't. The staff and the manager told me that it was bank policy as instructed by Head Office. No further explanation was given.

And I have now been informed that in order to close my BKB account completely I will need to obtain a police report from Singapore regarding my ATM card which was eaten by an ATM machine there in 2002. This loss was reported at the time and they have a record of it.

BKB did charge me Bht 200.00 p.a. for my ATM cards (including the one lost in S'pore) whereas I am not charged by Kasikorn.

I think I shall continue to "screw around" with Kasikorn.

Back