90-day report by mail: no receipt!

isanbirder

Surin Dinosaur
My due date was Dec. 8th, so I sent TM-47 and all the passport copies to Kap Cheong by EMS about 18 days before that. I have the EMS receipt.

To date I have not had the receipt slip back. Has anybody else experienced a delay this long (14 days after due date)?

I'm proposing to send a polite email to KC tomorrow! If there's no reply, I shall follow that with a phone call 2 or 3 days later (maybe Christmas Day, when they won't have too many customers!).

My due date was Dec. 8th, so I sent TM-47 and all the passport copies to Kap Cheong by EMS about 18 days before that. I have the EMS receipt.

To date I have not had the receipt slip back. Has anybody else experienced a delay this long (14 days after due date)?

I'm proposing to send a polite email to KC tomorrow! If there's no reply, I shall follow that with a phone call 2 or 3 days later (maybe Christmas Day, when they won't have too many customers!).

Did you enclose a sae?

Did you enclose a sae?

Yes, indeed... and therein may lie the problem. The postal clerk at Krasang was putting 10B. of stamps on the s.a.e., and I noticed he used a block of 10 x 1B. stamps, all different (probably from a sheet of 50). Maybe someone along the line stole it for the stamps?

I am still not convinced that obtaining your 90 day check-in from Kab Cheong Immigration by post is 100% reliable. And you have not persuaded me otherwise by this post.

You are currently illegal I guess?

Y

I am still not convinced that obtaining your 90 day check-in from Kab Cheong Immigration by post is 100% reliable. And you have not persuaded me otherwise by this post.

You are currently illegal I guess?

Y

Nothing in Thailand (or most other countries, come to that) is 100% reliable. I used to do a postal report from Chiangmai to Bangkok Immigration, years back, and never had a problem.

No, I'm fully legal, Yorky..... just having a glitch; I'm just hoping that the possession of the EMS receipt will mean that it's not an expensive glitch.

Nothing in Thailand (or most other countries, come to that) is 100% reliable. I used to do a postal report from Chiangmai to Bangkok Immigration, years back, and never had a problem.

No, I'm fully legal, Yorky..... just having a glitch; I'm just hoping that the possession of the EMS receipt will mean that it's not an expensive glitch.

The ems receipt is accepted by imigration. But then again this is KCI.

Last edited:

I tried a postal report a few years ago to Bangkok. 7 days after my reporting date I had not received the slip so I was off to Chong Chom with the copy.

4 or 5 days later, I received a new slip from Bangkok, with a note to say that I should report by post to my local office (then Khorat). Dow subsequently informed me that they didn't process postal reporting at Khorat.

Oh well.

Y

My receipt from the original TM47 arrived yesterday; I could not see the date on the postmark.

I had sent them an email last Tuesday.

Strangely, the new 90 days was calculated from Nov 24, the date when they should have received my report, not Dec 8, the date my report was due. I have therefore lost 15 days, and have to do an extra 90-day report before my extension visa renewal. Was this just a mistake, is it always done that way.... or was it a less than subtle rebuke for my complaint (which wasn't really a complaint, only a query)?

My receipt from the original TM47 arrived yesterday; I could not see the date on the postmark.

I had sent them an email last Tuesday.

Strangely, the new 90 days was calculated from Nov 24, the date when they should have received my report, not Dec 8, the date my report was due. I have therefore lost 15 days, and have to do an extra 90-day report before my extension visa renewal. Was this just a mistake, is it always done that way.... or was it a less than subtle rebuke for my complaint (which wasn't really a complaint, only a query)?

No mistake. Its done this way.

So if you send it early, as they ask you to, they reduce the 90 days to 75? T.I.T.

Your 90 days start on the date you report to immigration for your 90 day report. So if your ems arrived at KCI on Nov 24 that is when it was entered and the clock stated for your next 90 day report. Same as if you went in to the office your self on the 24.

Your 90 days start on the date you report to immigration for your 90 day report. So if your ems arrived at KCI on Nov 24 that is when it was entered and the clock stated for your next 90 day report. Same as if you went in to the office your self on the 24.

Concur the first line.

IB, at least you saved the petrol, vehicle wear & tear , time on the highway and potential aggravation by doing your report by mail (which may become a true savings overall in the general scheme of things.)

Not so if you report two or three days late; then they date it back to the 'due date'. Heads they win, tails you lose!

Concur the first line.

IB, at least you saved the petrol, vehicle wear & tear , time on the highway and potential aggravation by doing your report by mail (which may become a true savings overall in the general scheme of things.)

Coffee, don't be difficult! What about all the aggravation of worrying what had happened to my report, concocting a very polite email to them, and then wondering if I'd have to go to KC all the same?

Not so if you report two or three days late; then they date it back to the 'due date'. Heads they win, tails you lose!

So we should time the arrival of our report to be on or about the due date, knowing that there is 7 days grace if it is late?

So we should time the arrival of our report to be on or about the due date, knowing that there is 7 days grace if it is late?

Well, Bill. we've been told on this forum that a mailed report should arrive 15 days before the due date. I don't know what happens if it arrives, say, five days before the due date (here I need all sorts of silly smilies, but can't be bothered).

Not Correct.............your 90 days starts from the day you report early or late

Frankly, Nookie, I think it depends on which Immigration Officer you get. My last two reports were done two or three days late, and the next 90 days started from the date stamped on my previous TM 47. You've obviously had a different experience.

This whole incident goes to show that the whole procedure is unpredictable, and you get what luck gives you. My attempts to fix a pattern for it were whistling in the wind.

Back