90 day report - Khorat

B

BanSriang

G'day all. I'm still in Jomtien, life is simply too good to move on right now. I loosely plan to use up most of my current annual visa.

My 90 day report is due June 1, it would suit me best to do this at the Khorat office. Just checking to see if there are any new 'surprises/requirements' with immigration.

Can anyone confirm the reporting can be done 7 days early to 7 days late? Just need TM 47 completed? Anything else?

Appreciated.

Colin

Hi Colin, How are you? Are you old enough for the retirement visa? You can do your 90 day report at Chong Chom if they are not throwing rocks at each other. Les.

Colin, it might be worth checking with Pattaya Immigration if they will accept your 90-day report. I know you're supposed to go to your designated office, but others seem to get away with doing it elsewhere.

Enjoy yourself (not referring to Immigration!).

The value of the forum! Thanks all. Gotlost and Isaanbirder...that is great information. Deerculler....I think I'm too old for a retirement visa :) ...at least too old to make the switch. Cheers boys. I'll keep you posted.

The value of the forum! Thanks all. Gotlost and Isaanbirder...that is great information. Deerculler....I think I'm too old for a retirement visa :) ...at least too old to make the switch. Cheers boys. I'll keep you posted.

Lifes tough for a single boy in Jomtien eh mate?

Good to hear your'e enjoying yourself bud.

I thought you were off to other countries,Colin.
Shame we could have has a beer together last weekend. I was in Jomtiem Saturday night (briefly)

Well, the plan is still to move on (subject to change). Initially, I was not too impressed with living here (i lived 4 years before on Jomtien beach, it was great). But I am in a new condo block, that remains almost empty, nobody lives even close to my room so I can have the TV/music at deaf old ******* volume. I rarely go to Pattaya. I have a 50m pool in front of my room that almost belongs to me, and a gym. I have dropped 12 kg so far and feeling great. I have done my teeth, eyes and reversed a huge amount of skin damage (Aussie sun). The real gym work starts after dark and I have accumulated several 'frens' that keep me very happy. My bike is going like a rocket and I have just arranged to get the Green Book in my name. So, getting single again in my 60th year is a painless transition....actually a great improvement. I live fairly cheap and it occurred to me with the huge advances in my physical and mental health, my living costs are probably the best money I have ever spent on myself. So, I'll carry on for a while and try to take my fitness to another level. By all means, give me a call if you are anywhere close to Disneyland for Adults.

Hi all. Today successfully did my 90 day report at Chonburi immigration in Jomtien, one week early. Isaanbirder, I owe you some beers. You saved me a round trip to Khorat or Chong Chom. I would never even have thought to try the report at a different office. The officer did emphasize they would not do this in Bangkok. Fast and friendly service. I did claim I had family visiting in Pattaya, but I don't think that little lie was necessary. Thanks again.

Glad to hear it, Colin. Rules are made to be bent in Thailand. Two or three times, Nung did my 90-day report at Chong Chom for me... but the last time the guy said, "Tell him to come himself next time!."

I believe the 90 day report can even be done at a Police Station if an immigration office is too far away. Is this so, remembering that it is the Police, not immigration, who require you to report at all?

I believe the 90 day report can even be done at a Police Station if an immigration office is too far away. Is this so, remembering that it is the Police, not immigration, who require you to report at all?

I wouldn't bank on it, Bill; I suspect the police would just direct you to the nearest Immigration office.

I agree, when I spoke of this to Daw, she said they know nothing about current Immigration rules and (certainly the ones in Surin) would not be able to help you with your TM47

I did my 90-day report at Chong Chom yesterday. I thought I would be clever and go 6 days after the date shown on the TM47 so that the next 90-day report would push back and co-incide with the Immigration Workshop in Surin Town Hall. Silly me! No such luck. The 90 days starts from the date on the TM 47 and not the date of completing the TM47. So much for my good idea to push back the next reporting date. I guess its either back to Chong Chom (war permitting) or up to Korat next time around.

The Immigration Officer (from Korat) did confirm that the report could be submitted up to 14 days before and 7 days after the due date.

I'm not sure where you are, Nomad, but don't forget there are monthly 'Mobile Immigration Units' at Buriram and Surin (the next one is Buriram on June 14, and next month it will be Surin.). There is a list on the Visa section of this forum.

Thanks Isanbirder - that's the point I was making. These 'mobile Immigration' visits are of limited use for 90 day reports. I managed to do one 90 day report in Surin earlier this year. However, the monthly visits to Buriram and Surin are just that, monthly (2nd Tuesday of the month) and, as the year progresses, the visits do not fit a 90 day reporting schedule. Furthermore, there is no flexibility in the 90 day report that allows you to massage the next report so that you can use one of the mobile visits, e.g. its always 90 days from the date on the report, 4 reports each year, 360 day cycle (not 365 days).

Now, if Immigration showed some flexibility and 'massaged' the reporting period so that the next reporting date co-incided with a monthly visit, either Buriram or Surin, that would provide a really useful service that would save both time and money!

I live in Surin.

Good idea but I think it might be a bit of an experiment to see how useful they are. I heard a rumour that they are looking to have an office on Surin, but who knows??
The flexibility is having a 2 week period to report, as I see it.

Back