Accomodation in Sankha

J

jackdee

Looking for somwehere to stay for a few months around the Sankha area. My TGF lives near Buachet but I dont want to live in her village. Anyone have any ideas?

Have you thought about buying a tent mate? I don't recall any hotels around Sangkha, Its still in the Dark ages. There's a couple of sneaky little short time motels around.

Luke ain't far wrong really. It might be worth considering a Surin Hotel. Probably the nearest on that side of town will be the KasemGarden Hotel on the 24 and a couple of minutes from IQ Moderntrade. Or there are plenty in the centre of town.

there is a nice hotel on 24 by the 7-11, many farang stay there while they are building houses. I will try and get the number.

Local knowledge, you cannot beat it. Cheers,Mike.

I looked at the map and its inbetween two black and white Lighthouses. They should be easy to find in Isaan :LMAO1:

It is easy to find, going towards Ubon on 24, about 2KM past Sang Kha traffic light on the right, right next door is gas station/7-11

I think my misses has been round there recently, If it's the same place then I think the lady is married to a farang.

Nice place judging by the website.

Sanka

Usually stay in Surin town, but this time I come I do not have my truck so will be on a bike and Sanka is a lot closer. I think I will give the hotel a try then drive round and look for a house to rent. Probably going to be staying longer than expected so maybe see you boys for a beer some time. Cheers

Franks is good,Jack in Sankha. Its on the left when headiing out towards Surin direction and opposite a big green bank. He's a really nice German Guy and the food (Thai&Farang) is great

or

Why not get down to Surin on the 19th for a BBQ. Details in Forum News section..

I can totally recommend the Manee Sangkha. We have been using it on and off for past 2 months while the house is built - superb, clean and very quiet. Excellent at 360 Thb a night for a big Aircon Rm with TV, fridge, Bathroom, hotwater etc. Really handy and the booze they sell in Reception is cheap too. No restaurant or frills, but good value. Will be back there in October no doubt.

MH

I can totally recommend the Manee Sangkha. We have been using it on and off for past 2 months while the house is built - superb, clean and very quiet. Excellent at 360 Thb a night for a big Aircon Rm with TV, fridge, Bathroom, hotwater etc. Really handy and the booze they sell in Reception is cheap too. No restaurant or frills, but good value. Will be back there in October no doubt.

MH
Is that the one by the 7-11 on the outskirts of town on 24 highway.....

Yes, right next to the big PTT Fuel Station just after the Sangkha lights heading to Ubon.
Good all round, cheap and clean with with parking etc. Very friendly staff, they take 560 as a deposit and refund 200 when you leave the key. Handy for anyone coming down country to do a Visa run too.

MH

Yes, right next to the big PTT Fuel Station just after the Sangkha lights heading to Ubon.
Good all round, cheap and clean with with parking etc. Very friendly staff, they take 560 as a deposit and refund 200 when you leave the key. Handy for anyone coming down country to do a Visa run too.

MH
If you have it could you post the number, people are always asking for it, and thanks for the information.

Ok as far as I know it is 08-1669-8111 and the website www.maneesangka.com

Tip - avoid rooms in the 101-109 block as there is a lot a foot traffic to and from the Reception. The other three blocks are really quiet.

I should get myself a Priviledge Club Card from them, stayed so many times in past few months.

MH

ST Hotel??

Mhayward

is it just a ST hotel ? , sounds like a rather good place and suitable
This is a proper bonafide Motel, not a ST place as far as I know or have witnessed. However there is nothing to stop a customer using it for same, easy to drive in drive out etc.
The 'known' ST hotel is the other one on the way up to Sang Kha town from the lights, on the left opposite the Toyota Dealers if I recall. No idea of the name or set up as I have never been there. My Gf, being a local lass wouldnt even consider letting me go and look, she said ''no way, bad place for man and take dirty lady only'' lol.

If I get any more info I will post here.

Cheers, MH

Back