Advice on water filters

mahdam

Surin Founding Father
Hi Guys
Has anybody have any experience with water filters?
We presently have water from a bore hole at the house.
We are currently using it in the shower and to flush toilets ect
but it has a very bad odour and stains everything.

Any advice on what type of filter and where to buy would be much appreciated.

Hi there , the high salts content in the pump water will rot almost anything in the end ,and better not clean your car with it mate ,it will make a right mess of the paint work !
To rid all of these salts from the water you would need a reverse osmosis system ,these and very expensive and unless you get a BIG 1 very slow .
There are a few filter shops around there is one guy out side Marcro and another on the way out of town towards Buriram ,these filters will reduce the salts a lot but wont take them all out !
There is a big tool shop near the railway crossing on the right as you head out of town ,the crossing near the back of the market ,the owner who tallks English somewhat is very helpful and has many filters !
Do you not have any fresh water where you live ?

Last edited:
Thanks Alan
will have a look in the places you mentioned.
Allready spoke to the manager of Homemart in Burriam, he speaks very good english,
and explained the different systms very well.
He gave me a ballpark figure of around 55k fitted, so will be giving it a fair bit of thought,before going any further.

you'll get nothing that works properly for 55k as far as RO goes. Pm me if you like and I'll let you look at my set up I've had for about 10 years. A local and experienced guy in Surin did mine and is still the number one around these parts.
Sounds like you haven't drilled deep enough though.

you'll get nothing that works properly for 55k as far as RO goes. Pm me if you like and I'll let you look at my set up I've had for about 10 years. A local and experienced guy in Surin did mine and is still the number one around these parts.
Sounds like you haven't drilled deep enough though.

This guys knows what he,s talking about !!

sounds to me that he has drilled all the way to the Sea if he is getting salt water...

He's getting the first aquafore by the sounds...unless he's down about 35 metres and if he is, get a lot of rainwater tanks!

Back