Aladin restaurant & Coffee

Apparently it was (re) opened last week (7th/8th maybe). As far as I am aware there have been no reports as yet from any SF members who have visited.

Sorry guys but just ONE question, is this thread now about Aladin's Restaurant or about Leasingcontracts/ I think some people are lost the track.If I'm wrong please tell me .

I understand that the thread was initially opened when Aladin opened. Then Aladin closed and was advertised for lease/sale/rent or whatever. Therefore the thread is still concerning Aladin's restaurant.

[Edit: I'm uncertain how Sisaket became involved]

Last edited:
I understand that the thread was initially opened when Aladin opened. Then Aladin closed and was advertised for lease/sale/rent or whatever. Therefore the thread is still concerning Aladin's restaurant.

[Edit: I'm uncertain how Sisaket became involved]
The new owner previously had a stall in Sisaket market selling pizza/subs/burgers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah ha! Now all becomes clear!

How long did he have that?
Not too sure,Y because he had a few trips back to France so it was a bit of a stop, start operation. He also tried to get a permanent venue in SSK but I think the landlords were a bit crazy, hence the shift to Elephant Town.
Herr Frankie will correct me if I'm wrong as I only just met him a few times when having a beer in the market.

Is it open now? Yes.
Any experience beeing there ? What about Food, Bread and so on ?
Food fair is fine. Kebab and fries...a filling , tasty afternoon lunch. I believe "the cook" makes his own kebab sauce.
He has an extensive menu and I believe can whip up some "English fare"(which would be something for the Poms to get excited about).

Congrats. Your the only American I know who calls us 'poms' !
Must be the Ozzy culture creeping in, I guess?

Trading for Americans being called seppos on this forum with tacit approval of mod, eh. ;)

Yes, you are quite right. Septic was the term utilized though I have never been called a 'septic tank' to my face.

Yes, you are quite right. Septic was the term utilized though I have never been called a 'septic tank' to my face.
I must say I do not think I have ever called an American a septic tank although I have used the expression in association with some of your old, big and brash limousines that one used to see from time to time (not in Thailand I might add). For example, in days gone by I may have seen one of these Cadillacs ....................................

Cadillac 1956.jpg

...... and said, "Wow! A septic tank!"

Food fair is fine. Kebab and fries...a filling , tasty afternoon lunch. I believe "the cook" makes his own kebab sauce.
He has an extensive menu and I believe can whip up some "English fare"(which would be something for the Poms to get excited about).

Back