Are rice prices rising?

Rice

Resident Smart Arse
Since I am not there. What have folk seen as the price of rice buying plastered outside the Mills.
I just paid my exorbitant fertilizer bill. Fertilizer has doubled in price from last year. On average a 50Kg bag was selling around 600B now it is 1200B.
All down to a lot of fertilizer came from Ukraine/Russia. Does anybody know what is going on? My father in law is being very vague.
I wish I did not have to play this stupid game. Is the price of rice going to go through the roof or are farmers meant to carry the burden once again. How are they to pay for fertilizer and fuel costs? Thai exporters have premium rice at 0.88 US That's 32.3 Baht/kg. It was 16 Baht last year.

Since I am not there. What have folk seen as the price of rice buying plastered outside the Mills.
I just paid my exorbitant fertilizer bill. Fertilizer has doubled in price from last year. On average a 50Kg bag was selling around 600B now it is 1200B.
All down to a lot of fertilizer came from Ukraine/Russia. Does anybody know what is going on? My father in law is being very vague.
I wish I did not have to play this stupid game. Is the price of rice going to go through the roof or are farmers meant to carry the burden once again. How are they to pay for fertilizer and fuel costs? Thai exporters have premium rice at 0.88 US That's 32.3 Baht/kg. It was 16 Baht last year.
Our fertilizer bill would have doubled as well, almost. We stockpiled enough for our rubber trees as we were warned of the price hike.
We now have only R25 of trees left and the price so far this season has been better, up to ฿28 per kg.
As far as FIL being vague-- ;;big smile;; ;;big smile;; ;;big smile;; .
As I said ages ago, rice is not an earner.
We have another 10 rai on the market so, vee vill zee, ya ?.
Pats brothers only grow Hom Mali for eating.

All part of the plan, only large farms will survive, traditional Thai family farms will disappear. Been watching this slowly happen for years, pretty sure that the process will accelerate this year. You don't have a tractor, reliable water source, large fields leveled using laser? Bye bye.

Supposedly THB 13,500 /tonne was price for farmer on Jasmine earlier this month.

@Rice Prices are forecast 'to drop* further' according to a "middleman".

* unknown if that drop meant 10, 100 or 1,000 bhat per tonne

Caveat: I haven't a clue how accurate this is and I am not involved in this industry.

Last edited:
My wife last week sold her10 rai of rice land, part of a more than a 300 rai plot, to a Bangkok company who want to instal solar panels so I am told. Handsome little profit. :)
Today is the big day. Old mate, who will buy our 7 rai, meets the villiage head man at our bank along with Pats family.
Once he transferees the 400k, papers are signed and job done, CHA CHING ;;money;; ;;money;; ;;money;; ;;money;; ;;money;; ;;money;;

I'm following with interest. That's about 57,000THB per rai. If you were renting for cassava, is it dry land rather than rice paddy land?

I'm following with interest. That's about 57,000THB per rai. If you were renting for cassava, is it dry land rather than rice paddy land?
57KTHB is very cheap. Round my way 200K/rai is the asking price for land in the middle of nowhere with no power nearby. My wife received 400K a rai for hers

Back