ArizonaMist patio cooling system

georgefromcanada

You chose a custom title
I bought this product at Home Depot for $20, there is 5 misters in the kit and is ten feet in length. They are expandible to 50 feet if you daisy chain them. Common in Arizona and Nevada, I can attest that they drop the temperature by 10c. No exorbitant electric fees, with running water you have Air Con.
Why are they not widely used in Issan ? Everyone has 500 baht and running water .

2016-08-10 22.05.41.jpg

From what I can tell middle-class Thais normally are indoors wherever the television and food are located.
Wouldn't be caught sitting outside in the daylight potentially darkening their skin.
The village dwellers watching their buffalo...that's a whole other story.

They maybe ok if you set under them aside that swamp cooler, humidifiers are not worth a shyt in a high humid zone. IMHO I would not waste my money on them in Thailand. Mojave desert yes.

As GL indicated, they only work in hot/dry regions of the world. The hotter and dryer it is the better they work. We had them in some of the restaurants in Riyadh (Saudi) and they were indeed very effective - very hot and very dry. The trouble with Issan is the humidity is usually pretty high, like nearly 100%, especially during the hot season when you would need the cooling effect most. I suspect all these sprayers/misters would do is push up the humidity still further.

As GL indicated, they only work in hot/dry regions of the world. The hotter and dryer it is the better they work. We had them in some of the restaurants in Riyadh (Saudi) and they were indeed very effective - very hot and very dry. The trouble with Issan is the humidity is usually pretty high, like nearly 100%, especially during the hot season when you would need the cooling effect most. I suspect all these sprayers/misters would do is push up the humidity still further.

Weren't worth a shyt over in Al-Khobar.:p Temp at 52c and 100% humidity.:eek: Good old aircon did the trick.:D See the unit is called Arizona Mist. In 1992 I was in Phoenix and this was the first time I saw this kind of technology used. it was outside over a very long walk way for the tourist it did work somewhat nicely there but was not 100% effective. Arizona btw is a dry dry climate. Over the years Phoenix has grown by leaps and bounds with all the new homes aka gardens, lawns and these units are not worth their salts even there at this time.

Coffee, gotlost and Nomad97, thanks for the replies, I guess it s a good thing I didn t buy a couple hundred and try to corner the market in SSK. Thanks again

Coffee, gotlost and Nomad97, thanks for the replies, I guess it s a good thing I didn t buy a couple hundred and try to corner the market in SSK. Thanks again

George were not taking the piss out of you just passing on our experience. Its the wet season now and with winter just around the corner so as the temps drop so will the humidity. You just may get some use out of your investment BUT take the next 500 baht and buy beer.:D:D

Back