Armoured cable

Tom P

Hiya
Looking for a supplier of Armoured (SWA) cable and glands. Thai (no have) watsadu and Do Home looked equally perplexed. Any ideas or alternatively what do they do to run a cable (safely) underground?
Cheers.
Tom

Hiya
Looking for a supplier of Armoured (SWA) cable and glands. Thai (no have) watsadu and Do Home looked equally perplexed. Any ideas or alternatively what do they do to run a cable (safely) underground?
Cheers.
Tom

My supply is armoured and underground. It was installed 22 years ago so I cannot remember the supplier. I do remember that it was ฿12,000.00 for 50 metres. Most of my electrical equipment and wiring was provided by the electric shop at the rear (north) of the main market or the shop opposite the UOA Bank by the bus terminal. I would suggest enquiring at the large electrical shop on the north side of the 226 by the klong crossing.

Have you tried the electrical store on the right of the 226 soon after you cross the klong on the way into town? (ringed on the map i.e. the second block on your right after crossing the klong and after the PTT filling station on your left - see below.) They seem to carry every conceivable bit of kit for building and property repair.

1641893843959.png

1641893307461.png

Last edited:
RUN Hiya
Cheers.
Tom

Hiya
Cheers.
Tom
Run steel pipes with singles, steel wired armoured cable with brass glands and sleeves, thats beyond there pay grade, thats big boy stuff for them......single phase or three phase ?

Have you tried the electrical store on the right of the 226 soon after you cross the klong on the way into town? (ringed on the map i.e. the second block on your right after crossing the klong and after the PTT filling station on your left - see below.) They seem to carry every conceivable bit of kit for building and property repair.

Thanks @Merlin - pictures are worth thousands of words.

In my opinion armoured cable only needs to be used when conduit is not a feasible solution. (When is that?) Normal cable placed in conduit at a depth of 600 mm then covered in 3 inches of cement is a hell of a lot cheaper and easier to implement. Most country standards don't call for cement unless its less then 300 mm deep. So whats the fixation on amoured cable.? The only place I ever used it was in explosive environments for earthing and intrinsicly safe containment. If your trying to prevent Somchai from lighting himself up. Its not going to work. He would get his Jop through an amoured cable.

In my opinion armoured cable only needs to be used when conduit is not a feasible solution. (When is that?) Normal cable placed in conduit at a depth of 600 mm then covered in 3 inches of cement is a hell of a lot cheaper and easier to implement. Most country standards don't call for cement unless its less then 300 mm deep. So whats the fixation on amoured cable.? The only place I ever used it was in explosive environments for earthing and intrinsicly safe containment. If your trying to prevent Somchai from lighting himself up. Its not going to work. He would get his Jop through an amoured cable.
25mm black poly pipe would do the job nicely.

Br
My supply is armoured and underground. It was installed 22 years ago so I cannot remember the supplier. I do remember that it was ฿12,000.00 for 50 metres. Most of my electrical equipment and wiring was provided by the electric shop at the rear (north) of the main market or the shop opposite the UOA Bank by the bus terminal. I would suggest enquiring at the large electrical shop on the north side of the 226 by the klong crossing.
Thanks Yorky

Back