ASQ Hotels in Surin ?

Land of Smiles

Hi Guys…
With Test and Go being re-introduced from 1st February, but with a second PCR test needed on Day 5, would you know of any ASQ hotels in Surin, that I could book into for that day.?

Sorry I do not know what you mean by ASQ Hotels
But there are many good hotels in Surin.
Most are on Agoda.

Most are on Agoda.
ASQ stands for Alternative State Quarantine. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you must currently go through a quarantine period when you arrive in Thailand. There is a list of approved ASQ hotels to choose from, which you must pay for.

Amari Buriram United is an Alternative Local State Quarantine hotel located in Buriram and the closest to Surin as of Jan 11th.

Most are on Agoda.
The Goverment “Alternative State Quarantine“ Hotels.” Which you have to book, in order to get the Thailand Pass.
Probably have to wait in Bangkok untill 5 th Day and then head to Surin.
Thanks for reply though

ASQ stands for Alternative State Quarantine. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you must currently go through a quarantine period when you arrive in Thailand. There is a list of approved ASQ hotels to choose from, which you must pay for.

Amari Buriram United is an Alternative Local State Quarantine hotel located in Buriram and the closest to Surin as of Jan 11th.

Thanks for that. Much appreciated, and a possible option, as I could stay in Bangkok on first night…. Head for Surin, and then pop over to Buriram on the 5 th day to stay at Hotel mentioned.

Thanks for that. Much appreciated, and a possible option, as I could stay in Bangkok on first night…. Head for Surin, and then pop over to Buriram on the 5 th day to stay at Hotel mentioned.
Last time when I tried to book the Buriram hotel, I could not do so.
The Manager told my wife it was only for V I P visitors !!!! - which I assumed meant connected with the football club or race track.
The Land of Smiles ???????

The Goverment “Alternative State Quarantine“ Hotels.” Which you have to book, in order to get the Thailand Pass.
Probably have to wait in Bangkok untill 5 th Day and then head to Surin.
Thanks for reply though
Sounds like Bangkok is your best bet.

@Land of Smiles, I do not understand why you should want to hide out in Surin or Buriram after your flight. As I understand things, the ASQ hotels are effectively prisons. You are locked in your room, food is passed under the door, and you are allowed no visitors. So what advantage do you gain being locked up in Surin over Bangkok say?

@LoS - I stayed at Amari Buriram a couple of times - OK hotel with nice restaurant... and I am not VIP :)
@Nomad - new stop & go - you stay day 1 in ASQ waiting for test - then you can go anywhere in Thailand - but you have to check in at ASQ on day 5 to take another test - and wait for reply.... not saying it makes sense.. but that is the new Test & Go... at least until they figure out it does not make a lot of sense :)

@LoS - I stayed at Amari Buriram a couple of times - OK hotel with nice restaurant... and I am not VIP :)
@Nomad - new stop & go - you stay day 1 in ASQ waiting for test - then you can go anywhere in Thailand - but you have to check in at ASQ on day 5 to take another test - and wait for reply.... not saying it makes sense.. but that is the new Test & Go... at least until they figure out it does not make a lot of sense :)
Exactly the situation from Feb 1st.
Nomad…. Can assure you I am not “hiding out” anywhere !!
Just trying to get back to Surin to see family that I have not seen for 2 years, and with the new test and go ( which is ever changing)) situation, I am looking at
a) One night in an ASQ hotel in Bangkok on arrival.
b) One night in an ASQ hotel, as near to Surin as possible on Day 5, meaning I do of have to be stuck in Bangkok for 5 days.

As I see it, this is the “least painful” way of doing it, but if I am missing something, glad of advice.

@Yorky - nope - they are PCR test. Actually PCR test are the only reliable one....hate them :-(... here in DK we make appx 200k PCR tests per day - and appx 300k quick tests... but they dont count the quick tests as valid - meaning if you show positive in quick test then you have to get a PCR test. Tests are free here but I cannot see the point of all this testing... costs the government appx EUR 268 million per month..... and ppl still get sick regardless ....

Tests are free here but I cannot see the point of all this testing... costs the government appx EUR 268 million per month..... and ppl still get sick regardless ....

Martin (ex Farang Connection) had a "Well Man Test". Cost him ฿3,000.00. Passed with flying colours. Died 18 months later.

Just saying.

Martin (ex Farang Connection) had a "Well Man Test". Cost him ฿3,000.00. Passed with flying colours. Died 18 months later.

Just saying.
yeah cant trust anything.... here there are many examples of ppl testing negative with quick test - and positive with the PCR one.... just to make things even more blurry - Japan requires a "salavia" test as proof... and China requires a blood test... its really getting out of hand... here we have tested 20.000.000 times per one million people... talking about overkill...

Back