Avoid eating raw pork

georgefromcanada

You chose a custom title

1 death in Surin, 14 deaths in lower Isaan from eating raw pork. My father in law spent a week in hospital while they killed the parasites that had entered his brain from eating undercooked pork. The antibiotics killed the parasites but don't repair the holes the little buggers drill.
I don't like to sit at the table when they start eating raw beef.

1 death in Surin, 14 deaths in lower Isaan from eating raw pork. My father in law spent a week in hospital while they killed the parasites that had entered his brain from eating undercooked pork. The antibiotics killed the parasites but don't repair the holes the little buggers drill.
Anyone stupid enough to eat raw protien from here deserves what they get, pork, beef, fish or ------------------chicken.
At home in Aus, I had no problem eating Numas fish or steak tatare with no ill effects.
BTW, Numus is a quick pickled fish with fresh prime reef fish.

Also make sure that chicken is fully cooked and be wary of raw fish too.
Under cooked beef and lamb is a lot more forgiving.
But all meats should be properly cooked.

Also make sure that chicken is fully cooked and be wary of raw fish too.
Under cooked beef and lamb is a lot more forgiving.
A day before we were going reef fishing--Red emporer, coral trout etc, I would make a Numus brine, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, sugar and chillis.
I would chill in a large container overnight and when you bagged some reefies, fillet them and brine them until
the boat was clean, the iced catch was filleted and you could enjoy the Numus with a cold beer--really good.

For the record antibiotics do not kill parasites. Antiparasitic drugs utilize different mechanisms to cure diseases brought about by parasites. These class of drugs are called antiprotozoan, and antihelminthic. This is the class of drugs that anti malarials come from.

I did a course on it when I worked in PNG.

A day before we were going reef fishing--Red emporer, coral trout etc, I would make a Numus brine, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, sugar and chillis.
I would chill in a large container overnight and when you bagged some reefies, fillet them and brine them until
the boat was clean, the iced catch was filleted and you could enjoy the Numus with a cold beer--really good.
But that did not help with the ciguatera. :smilingimp:

....but no more than medium rare/medium.

Over cooking meat used to be one of my cardinal sins......................I had been brain-washed by "oooh pork can be dodgy and under cooked chicken will give you Salmonella"

Back