Awnings

whoppr78

Want to put those dropped down awnings around my deck. It's about 8 mtr each side. They said around 6000 thb each. That sounds like a lot? Just the basics keep rain out and relief from sun.20160513_105751.jpg

Danny from Bamboozeled had some of those installed last year. His are like a heavy duty plastic coated tarpaulin material. I don't know how much he paid. 8 metres in one piece may be a bit heavy.

The last time I bought one of those drop down awnings, about 4 meters long and 3 meters drop I seem to remember the price was close to 3,000 baht. Mind you, that was way back in 2005, more than 10 years ago!

Quite honestly, I think it would be cheaper to brick the enclosure.

4*3 meters and 3000 baht, 10 years ago?

What kind of material?

(I would have used PVC cloth (pa bai), very strong, lasts for years, and cheap)

Nomads is lambskin...or was it dried octopus...:rolleyes:

(Fook all , I'm really losing it here. GL, get my B&C ready please...how're the pineapples coming along.)

I bought one of those for my pickup just before I left 4 * 3 m 2500 Baht. A guy sells them from his truck as he goes around the village

4*3 meters and 3000 baht, 10 years ago?

What kind of material?

(I would have used PVC cloth (pa bai), very strong, lasts for years, and cheap)
Can't remember but standard PVC cloth for sure. Cheap no. As Rice said, they are still selling off the back of a lorry and I was a relative newbie when I bought mine. LOL.

last year I bought 2 new canopies for my boat, in PVC material

the largest one was 7.5 x 1.3 meters, about 1300 baht
the smaller one was 6 x 1.3 meters, about 1200 baht

this includes the stitching along the edges aswell as the "tunnel" where it is fitted around the pipes that hold the canopy up
aswell as 4 x 10 meters of strong (8 mm) rope sewn into the long edges

where? ; BoBe market in Bangers

Back