Best Pad k Pow in Surin

alanthebuilder

Administrator
G day guys one of my fast food Thai meals .
Pad k Pow .
Big bite is good.
This place is good opposite the petrol station as you head into Surin at Do Home intersection.
Out door grass huts also a indoor but open area.
50B with a egg.

Attachments

• 20220322_090211.jpg
    20220322_090211.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
If anyone has a good recommendations for Pad k Pow please add pics to if possible
Starbeam Restaurant. Pad Kapow pork, chicken. 50 baht. With egg 60 baht. Seafood and beef as well for some more baht. Not in a grass shack, but in air conditioned comfort enclosed away from the flies, mossies, heat, traffic fumes and noise, flat screen TV, fans, clean bathroom with urinal and western toilet, and all etc. :) Comes highly recommended. :cool:

Starbeam Restaurant. Pad Kapow pork, chicken. 50 baht. With egg 60 baht. Seafood and beef as well for some more baht. Not in a grass shack, but in air conditioned comfort enclosed away from the flies, mossies, heat, traffic fumes and noise, flat screen TV, fans, clean bathroom with urinal and western toilet, and all etc. :) Comes highly recommended. :cool:
Weird you should say this , about 3 weeks ago I seen your head cook with a friend eating lunch in a grass hut at front of Thaiptanee village , I prefer open air eating to a small Aircon room with no privacy .
I did like the Old starbeams very spacious and relaxed Im not so good in small rooms .

Weird you should say this , about 3 weeks ago I seen your head cook with a friend eating lunch in a grass hut at front of Thaiptanee village , I prefer open air eating to a small Aircon room with no privacy .
I did like the Old starbeams very spacious and relaxed Im not so good in small rooms .

Must be your Diddycoy background.

Well, you saw my wife and SIL there grabbing some take away for the house most likely. Decent Thai dishes. They also buy noodles take away from your Ex wife's place. Both places are inside Thep Thai, no need to leave the area for them to have decent Thai tucker to eat. We do have a home inside Thep Thani and SIL and look sow are there every Wednesday, which is likely the day three weeks ago you saw them. The place you speak of was torn down a couple months or so ago and a new roof was added, as well I think of some cement flooring on part of it at least. I think they had some rain and wind damage a while back, hence the repairs.

Privacy? What are you doing or saying that would warrant the need for privacy. :)

I've eaten at many of the roadside open air places all over Thailand. Many have some damn good foods. But for me, especially in the hot season, I prefer an enclosed area with air con, not so many bugs flying about etc if I can possibly find a place other than the road stalls. But when traveling around, or when up in the village areas, you take what you can get really. Good foods, but I'd rather some air con and fans and no bugs buzzing about. I also do not like the traffic diesel truck and car fumes and noise you can get in the roadside food stalls.

Cheers. And yes, we do have some great Pad Kapow. :)

Last edited:
Well, you saw my wife and SIL there grabbing some take away for the house. Decent Thai dishes. They also buy noodles take away from your Ex wife's place. Both places are inside Thep Thai, no need to leave the area for them to have decent Thai tucker to eat. We do have a home inside Thep Thani and SIL and look sow are there every Wednesday, which is likely the day three weeks ago you saw them. The place you speak of was torn down a couple months or so ago and a new roof was added, as well I think of some cement flooring on part of it at least. I think they had some rain and wind damage a while back, hence the repairs.

Privacy? What are you doing or saying that would warrant the need for privacy. :)

I've eaten at many of the roadside open air places all over Thailand. Many have some damn good foods. But for me, especially in the hot season, I prefer an enclosed area with air con, not so many bugs flying about etc if I can possibly find a place other than the road stalls. But when traveling around, or when up in the village areas, you take what you can get really. Good foods, but I'd rather some air con and fans and no bugs buzzing about. I also do not like the traffic diesel truck and car fumes and noise you can get in the roadside food stalls.

I will add that these sort of thatched roof open air roadside places can sell for cheaper prices due to the fact they have low costs themselves, are usually family owned and run, small electric bills, no bathrooms of a Western style, and no infrastructure to maintain for the most part. Their main competition are the other road stalls along the soi, who all keep their prices similar to each other so as not to lose clientele to the others selling usually the same exact fare they are selling. Even when the price of just about everything they sell is going up (which is affecting ALL the eateries and restaurants). They all wait for one to raise their prices before finally doing the same. They need to co-operate with each other and raise their prices accordingly together, rather than losing their small profit margin to the rising costs of their needed daily provisions. JMHO and thoughts.

Last edited:
Well, you saw my wife and SIL there grabbing some take away for the house most likely. Decent Thai dishes. They also buy noodles take away from your Ex wife's place. Both places are inside Thep Thai, no need to leave the area for them to have decent Thai tucker to eat. We do have a home inside Thep Thani and SIL and look sow are there every Wednesday, which is likely the day three weeks ago you saw them. The place you speak of was torn down a couple months or so ago and a new roof was added, as well I think of some cement flooring on part of it at least. I think they had some rain and wind damage a while back, hence the repairs.

It was your cook and maybe your daughter sitting down to eat .
Privacy what I mean is I don't like to sit at a table so near to another table they can hear all you are saying , squashed up is another way to put it .
OK for a greesy truck stop off the highway but not to go with the wife or family .
As I say the Old Starbeams was great.
Nowadays if we go out we go to Ampun Res and sitin a hut away from other people and relax .
Aircon an me don't get on it gets on my chest .
Just my thoughts.

Back