Big Bite Restaurant & Bakery - Surin

Cent

FORUM SPONSOR
Big Bite Restaurant & Bakery

Been around for years. Always good when I've been in and know others who go there fairly often to eat. Located in the front of The Thong Tarin Hotel on the street entrance. Just on the corner across from the Beer Garden.

Follow the link provided for more info, directions and Google Map.

https://www.facebook.com/Big-Bite-ทองธารินทร์-จสุรินทร์-983835231646671/

24131603_1885604704803048_8905001535180171_n.jpg

1488224_983840998312761_2811095347937149927_n.jpg

24232745_1885612388135613_2921668326002496635_n.jpg

I've been there a few times but, until a couple of weeks or so ago, only for lunches which were acceptable enough. Four of us went there three weeks ago for dinner and had a bad experience: The service was terrible in that we ordered five dishes plus rice. The rice arrived first and was stone cold by the time the next dish arrived. One of us had finished her dish long before the next order arrived. The two kids were due to go to the movies an hour and a half after we arrived there, but there was no chance of that as we were still waiting for two dishes by the time we needed to leave. We had to change our plans as a result. One of us had ordered a cheese and ham club sandwich - toasted. It took them over an hour to bring it to the table - without any ham, and with a single square of unmelted cheese between two of the three slices of toast The other slice had a small piece of lettuce on it. We complained, and they brought a slice of boiled ham to the table - cold and wet, without reconstructing the toasty. That was refused after MBH showed them a pic of the real thing on her phone. The waitress was clueless. We had previously asked again for the last of the missing dishes - fried chicken and veg - without any success. I asked for the bill, explaining that they had not served the chicken so the order was being cancelled. Ten minutes passed before the bill arrived - together with the chicken, which we were told had been cancelled too late (nearly an hour and a half after it was ordered!) The chef refused an invitation to discuss the matter, so we asked for the manager instead. We were told that he was at the Thong Tarin (in a possible attempt to avoid us) but MBH persisted. The result was a sincere apology from him when he arrived, and the removal of the chicken and the toasty from the bill (which was still around 1,200 baht - in case anyone thinks we were being cheap Charlies.)

So that was probably our fourth visit, and may well have been our last one as well. Asking later if we'd enjoyed the meal, two friends commented that they would never go there again based on their own dinner experiences...

It must be added that the visible staff were completely different from those we have seen there at lunchtimes. Maybe that was the difference - and our friends had never been there for lunch.

Fark ! :fearscream: The Thong Tarin has a restaurant in front ? ;;what;;

Sheesh...no wonder I never figured out what others were talkin' about when they referred to "tasty cheeseburgers, cherry pie and other delicious desserts" with big smiles.
Another member would say, "Coffee, just look at the menu and choose a number for yummy Thai dishes". :eek:

My oh my, I always went to the restaurant behind the Thong Tarin for tasty cheeseburgers, cherry pies and yummy Thai dishes. ;;unhappy;;
No wonder. Now I know.

While waiting for your menue, you can have a 1 or 2 hours oil-massage upstairs, happy ending included...

Happy ending means: enjoy after the massage your menue in the restaurant. ;):p

While waiting for your menue, you can have a 1 or 2 hours oil-massage upstairs, happy ending included...

Happy ending means: enjoy after the massage your menue in the restaurant. ;):p
From the earlier reports the 'happy endings' seem few and far between.

I ate there some years ago one evening. Not impressed. Along with the out of town seafood restaurant on the Buriram road, it is on my DO NOT VISIT list.

I've eat at Big Bite loads of times never had a bad meal always good .
Farang food not as good as the Thai/ Chinese food .
As far as I know it's not a bakery .

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Back