Big C food not so fresh !

alanthebuilder

Administrator
Again I get home and the food is rotten
This time a box of cream about 150 baht worth , before I have had rotten chicken wings ( stink) but can't tell until you open the pack at home , pork bones stinking . No good I'm my humble
opinion :( ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347185665.902629.jpg.

Carnation cream with your apple pie sorry son - lol .

Marcro is better the one in Burriram ever better still ,more choice and better looked after freezers by far than Surin .

Maybe Surin is not so ready for the westernisation yet - I still love the place don't get me wrong !

They say once you hit 40 plus you moan more ;) wtf ...

Just a few items they had in Buriram and not in Surin .

Beef burgers
Angkor cheese I kilo block
Sausages
Lamb
Strawberry jelly
Blue cheese
--------------------

Last edited:
I tend to agree with Alan, I have been caught out by Big C more times than I care to remember. The food looks fresh but when you get home it has that smell to it - you just know its gone past its 'sell by' date.

I will never ever buy any kind of fresh meat in Big C again a few times coming home and open the package and it were bad, the final straw were when we could start to smell the bad chicken on the way home in the car.

For meat its all the fresh food market now, never had an issue but hard to change your ways back home I would always buy from a supermarket and not a market.

I will never ever buy any kind of fresh meat in Big C again a few times coming home and open the package and it were bad, the final straw were when we could start to smell the bad chicken on the way home in the car.

For meat its all the fresh food market now, never had an issue but hard to change your ways back home I would always buy from a supermarket and not a market.

All meat/fish supplies to resellers have to be obviously fresh by law and also these store groups look for any reason not to pay .... so all deliveries are fresh and maximum sell- by dates. The problem lies with the storegroup. The usual culprit is faulty refrigeration units at the store.

Best way to check meat/fish/poultry for freshnes is to wear a piece of wire around one finger with one end of the wire tie-off raised up. ***** the bag when handling and squeeze expelling some air - if the contents are off you'll smell it soon enough.

If you start to smell bad meat on the way home or at home - take out of the bag and wash off all the liquid and discard the packaging. Check for smell again. Sometimes it's only the liquid in the bag that has gone off. All meat products should be immediately taken out of the original packing on arrival at home and re packaged in freezer bags expelling the air before sealing. If they have started to go soft invest in a coolbox to delay the defrosting on the journey home. Once they have started to noticeably defrost - do not refreeze - this is when problems begin.
I bought a flat 12V chest freezer for our hilux but it will fit most vehicles. Ideal for stopping off for a beer on the way home without worrying about the food.

Tesco in surin are worse, the chicken is green in the display cabinets, i don't know how they get away with it as a butcher i'm disgusted at the lack of ,health inspectors in thailand.

Haven't seen that huge rat in Big C for a while now. He used to regularly run around under the meat and other food display counters, oblivious to wandering customers. Maybe he died from food poisoning!

Haven't seen that huge rat in Big C for a while now. He used to regularly run around under the meat and other food display counters, oblivious to wandering customers. Maybe he died from food poisoning!

He was there there the other day bill having his lunch..:biggrin:

th

I tend to agree with Alan, I have been caught out by Big C more times than I care to remember. The food looks fresh but when you get home it has that smell to it - you just know its gone past its 'sell by' date.

Sure has gone past the 'use by date'...16th September 1955. That carton of cream should be in with all the other memorabilia posts on another thread.

He was there there the other day bill having his lunch..:biggrin:

No wonder he has grown so fat. He has gone up-market and eats at KFC now, huh? Probably tired of running across the floor in Big C, dodging customers with pieces of chicken and pork in his mouth, only to find they were out of date and failed the sniff test!

Last edited by a moderator:
You're in Thailand now, best do as the Thais do. Fresh market for meat, and fish still squirming.

Wash the meat when you get home before refrigerating.

(Macro Buriram seems to be better.... but not perfect)

You're in Thailand now, best do as the Thais do. Fresh market for meat, and fish still squirming.

Wash the meat when you get home before refrigerating.

(Macro Buriram seems to be better.... but not perfect)

We go for all our fish, pork and chicken at the local market IB. I go for the locally reared chicken from the farmers stalls instead of the drug infested chicken from CP. Its a bit tougher, but real!

" Oh by the way do you like my new hair colour in my pic, I think it's quite sexy." (edited for spelling not grammar!)

Yes, I am sure the girls find it very sexy!

" Oh by the way do you like my new hair colour in my pic, I think it's quite sexy." (edited for spelling not grammar!)

Yes, I am sure the girls find it very sexy!

F*CK OFF! howz that for spelling you piss taker.MonkeyFight

Last edited by a moderator:
We go for all our fish, pork and chicken at the local market IB. I go for the locally reared chicken from the farmers stalls instead of the drug infested chicken from CP. Its a bit tougher, but real!

Any tips on where to go for Cream mate , milk the cow maybe ?:biggrin::biggrin:

Back