Brand New Bridge is Collapsing in Si Sa Ket

georgefromcanada

You chose a custom title
120157pttg1gi0k1qauu55.jpg.thumb.jpg

August 20, the rural highway Sisaket. Had ordered a new bridge across the Huay Ha. Parallel Highway No. 226 on the new interchange road. Sisaket Rajabhat University To the railroad crossing In Moo 6, Ban Non Phon, Pho, Muang, Sisaket, just completed. And open to pass through a few months.

The bridge was found at the center of the bridge. The water was beaten. For safety To use the road. And wait for the experts. Check road safety standards The bridge was ordered. Temporarily Until the repair is completed http://www.khaosisaket.com/thread-16360-1-1.html

A new road and bridge from SSK Rajabhat University heading east towards Ubon was completed in July.
Apparently the heavy rains and flooding have eroded the soil the footings are on to the point that the bridge is sagging and is now closed. I have crossed it a number of times as you get from SSK RU to Makro that way much quicker. I was impressed with how quickly the bridge and road were built, but I guess quality is more important than speed when it comes to bridge building. The cost of the bridge was 60 million baht and the builder is on the hook for it. Look for it as you cross the river just before Lotus on the East end of town, it will be on the left side.

yes I translated the newspaper article, tough my writing is not much better
Pretty good effort I would say (not that I can translate anything you understand).

Tear it all down and start again. Not a chance in hell they will but if the footings are suspect that's what they should do.

Pretty good effort I would say (not that I can translate anything you understand).

Tear it all down and start again. Not a chance in hell they will but if the footings are suspect that's what they should do.

They will just get an Italian contract..;;horror;;;;horror;;;;horror;;;;bad simle;;

Like George said, I too was surprised how quickly it ‘shot up’. I actually rode across it before it was opened. Don’t think I’ll be doing that again!

Certainly looks like somebody did not go far enough down for the footing of that piling and it has sunk. At least it did it straight off and not suddenly. Nobody lost a life. Only a face.
I am sure the builder will blame the engineer and the engineer the builder. The one that made the most out of the project will win.

Certainly looks like somebody did not go far enough down for the footing of that piling and it has sunk. At least it did it straight off and not suddenly. Nobody lost a life. Only a face.
I am sure the builder will blame the engineer and the engineer the builder. The one that made the most out of the project will win.
To be honest,I was surprised that it was even built. The route links a few under-used small roads but may increase business to a few noodle shops (maybe)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you go from a four lane road to a 2 lane left turn over a railway crossing to the highway. Ther is highway access to go west to Ubon but no access if you are coming from Ubon. The two inbound lanes of the bridge will get very little use even after the bridge is repaired.

Nothing a few acrows would not put right. Jack it up, put in some proper foundations and let it down again. Just the job for Alan the Builder. :D:D:D

acrow-props-hire.jpg
Well in the words of Sir Elton ‘I’m still standing’.
Ride across this weekly when doing a ‘Tesco run’ from work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still standing and nearly blocked for use. Even more difficult to access now as the Ubon Road has new central reservation, to stop maniac U-turn and other chaos. They seem to be building these central 'islands' everywhere now, meaning its a great difficulty to find a place to safely U-turn anywhere now.

Back