Buying pineapple plants in Prechaup Kiri Khan

georgefromcanada

You chose a custom title
We have a small piece of land adjacent to our house that was gifted to us by my mother-in-law. On it stood about a dozen or so cashew trees that had been neglected for the past 15 years and the nuts were harvested freely and openly by anyone who had initiative.

Most of the trees were next to dead and I removed all but 6. I have 1/4 of the land with large trees and a canopy about 20 feet above the ground. It is much cooler in there and my intention is to build a Sala for afternoon drinks and a couple of raised platforms to cook and eat pan pork on.

I have planted 50 banana trees, a number of orange and somtam papaya trees, coconut, lime and mango trees. I also have 150 pineapple plants, a hundred of which I got from the provincial tree farm and will bear hand grenade sized pineapples.

On my last trip to Prechaup I returned with 40 plants that bear football sized pineapples, I stopped at a farm and asked to purchase them but the farmer refused any payment.

Today I stopped at a different farm and again the farmer refused any payment. He muttered something along the lines Prechaup Jai Dee. Very true in my opinion.
IMG20211006160624.jpg

We have a small piece of land adjacent to our house that was gifted to us by my mother-in-law. On it stood about a dozen or so cashew trees that had been neglected for the past 15 years and the nuts were harvested freely and openly by anyone who had initiative.

Most of the trees were next to dead and I removed all but 6. I have 1/4 of the land with large trees and a canopy about 20 feet above the ground. It is much cooler in there and my intention is to build a Sala for afternoon drinks and a couple of raised platforms to cook and eat pan pork on.

I have planted 50 banana trees, a number of orange and somtam papaya trees, coconut, lime and mango trees. I also have 150 pineapple plants, a hundred of which I got from the provincial tree farm and will bear hand grenade sized pineapples.

On my last trip to Prechaup I returned with 40 plants that bear football sized pineapples, I stopped at a farm and asked to purchase them but the farmer refused any payment.

Today I stopped at a different farm and again the farmer refused any payment. He muttered something along the lines Prechaup Jai Dee. Very true in my opinion.
View attachment 44766
George, you should pop into Hong Kong Garden and speak to Peter because he has been growing pineapples in his farm for a very long time. I believe they originally came from the same location and all the proffesors in the SSK agri college said they won't grow in the soil in SSK. He proved them wrong and now the college grows them themself.

My wife grew this at CRU in Kap Choeng.

31738756_1663232643724274_3270821387807227904_n.jpg

I am pleased to report that mine are doing just as well as the ones grown here.

George, you should pop into Hong Kong Garden and speak to Peter because he has been growing pineapples in his farm for a very long time. I believe they originally came from the same location and all the proffesors in the SSK agri college said they won't grow in the soil in SSK. He proved them wrong and now the college grows them themself.
I recently bought 2 grape vines seedings from OK Bar. I was told the same thing, infact I was told the soil is so sandy only cashew trees would grow there and I was wasting my time attempting to grow anything else. Now I get a " yem yem" from the inlaws.

For me it is something to do especially in these days of Covid. Bird of paradise, butterfly peas, plumeria, bougainvillea, desert rose and 5 kinds of bamboo, I work most mornings until my clothes are soaked.i suffer from terminal white man complex. I came, I saw and I changed it to my liking.

I am pleased to report that mine are doing just as well as the ones grown here.

I recently bought 2 grape vines seedings from OK Bar. I was told the same thing, infact I was told the soil is so sandy only cashew trees would grow there and I was wasting my time attempting to grow anything else. Now I get a " yem yem" from the inlaws.

For me it is something to do especially in these days of Covid. Bird of paradise, butterfly peas, plumeria, bougainvillea, desert rose and 5 kinds of bamboo, I work most mornings until my clothes are soaked.i suffer from terminal white man complex. I came, I saw and I changed it to my liking.
I'm not criticizing what your doing . I thought it might be of interest to you.

Back