Cabinet approves visa changes to woo wealthy foreigners

I doubt he's seeking to please those commonly referred to as "travellers" in the UK by inviting them here!

View attachment 47090

I shall have you know that my wife and I lived in a caravan (albeit 42 foot long) between 1972 and 1978 plus on and off for a further 3 years. Runcorn, Doncaster, Poulton-Le-Fylde, Scunthorpe, Lanark, Grassington. Plymouth, Broadway, Consett and Darlington. I also dossed in a 13 foot tourer for almost a year in Carlisle and a few months in Ellesmere Port.

I shall have you know that my wife and I lived in a caravan (albeit 42 foot long) between 1972 and 1978 plus on and off for a further 3 years. Runcorn, Doncaster, Poulton-Le-Fylde, Scunthorpe, Lanark, Grassington. Plymouth, Broadway, Consett and Darlington. I also dossed in a 13 foot tourer for almost a year in Carlisle and a few months in Ellesmere Port.
Did they catch you?

They are are not offering anything. Not that I can see anyway.
They don't mention any conditions yet. Just how much money they want you to place in Thailand? Well one concession they only have to report address once per year when they pay their 10000 Baht. Well that's better for a start then 20000 in a brown envelope.

They don't mention any conditions yet. Just how much money they want you to place in Thailand? Well one concession they only have to report address once per year when they pay their 10000 Baht. Well that's better for a start then 20000 in a brown envelope.
'Conditions' are the topic for the next few meetings, no doubt. Then 'sit down when the music stops'

To the delight of tourism operators, the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) decided on Thursday to resume the Test & Go scheme but modified it to suit the Omicron situation.​

That is the current total crap headline of delusion in The Nation:

Today's announcements from the CCSA about the Government agreed Test & Go scheme show yet again they are all in cloudcuckooland.

From next month the "easy entry" for all those thousands and thousands of "enthusiastic" tourists means:-

1) Minimum $50,000 health insurance (not just covid)
2) Full -ve Covid test within 72 hours of travelling
3) Full Covid vaccination certificate from your own country
4) Paid receipt from an approved Thai ASQ hotel at which you must isolate for at least 5 days after arrival - tests being day 1 and day 5

Then you can apply on-line through the complex Thailand Pass system to get your permission to come to Thailand.
Once you arrive you pay through the nose for probably 6 days of isolation and if your tests are negative you can start your holiday.

Or with the Sandbox holiday resort hotels it is an expensive 7-day commitment, before freedom.

Just in case you then wanted to enjoy yourself, add the confusions and restrictions over orange provinces, yellow ones, blue ones, special permitted areas (like Muang Surin), discretion of local politicians, category 4 or maybe 3 emergency. It goes on and on. Not to mention the visas confusion as well.

They must be joking.
Who the hell would want to come to Thailand just for a holiday?

Last edited:
They must be joking.
Who the hell would want to come to Thailand just for a holiday?
I met two young men in the hotel from Germany. Nice fellers. I asked them that very question. They said it is the time of their life to do this. They have to go to University or start a career. They cannot postpone any longer or they will never get the chance to do it, so hell or high water they are here. They had been to Koh Phagan full moon party. Every where they went they were persecuted by the BIB to look for drugs. They were shook down three times, Nice how do you do, The guys were smoking vape pipes. I told them it was illegal. They said each time they were shook down the cops were not interested. So now they just puff in the open now. Fair enough. Nice young men. They had one question for me. Is it true you have to catch taxis all the time to get around Bangkok. Where did they get that idea? I put them straight that the trains were excellent all over Bangkok to get around on.

I met two young men in the hotel from Germany. Nice fellers. I asked them that very question. They said it is the time of their life to do this. They have to go to University or start a career. They cannot postpone any longer or they will never get the chance to do it, so hell or high water they are here. They had been to Koh Phagan full moon party. Every where they went they were persecuted by the BIB to look for drugs. They were shook down three times, Nice how do you do, The guys were smoking vape pipes. I told them it was illegal. They said each time they were shook down the cops were not interested. So now they just puff in the open now. Fair enough. Nice young men. They had one question for me. Is it true you have to catch taxis all the time to get around Bangkok. Where did they get that idea? I put them straight that the trains were excellent all over Bangkok to get around on.

Sounds like the sort of quality tourists that Thailand needs!

Back