Chong Chom Border Crossing now open 6 am to 10 pm.

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
5 Thai-Cambodian border crossings to operate longer
5 Thai-Cambodian border crossings to operate longer
PICTURE
ไม่มีรายการภาพ
VDO
ไม่มีรายการวีดีโอ
Date : 29 ตุลาคม 2556
BANGKOK, 29 October 2013 (NNT) - The Cabinet has agreed to extend the operating time of five Thai-Cambodian permanent border crossings by three hours while efforts are being made to maintain the good relationship between the two neighboring countries.

As requested by the Ministry of Interior, the Cabinet on Tuesday gave the green light to the extended opening time of the border crossings located in the provinces of Chanthaburi, Trat, Sa Kaeo and Surin from 7 AM–8 PM to 6 PM–10 PM. The Cabinet also instructed related units to dispatch their personnel to the border areas according to the new service hours.

Regarding the Phra Viharn case, Foreign Affairs Minister Surapong Tovijakchaikul reported during the Cabinet meeting that Cambodia had agreed with the four requests made by the Thai government. The first request is that the two parties maintain their good relations no matter how the court’s verdict turns out. The second request asks that military officers and civil servants stationed on both sides of the Thai-Cambodian border cooperate to maintain peace and order.

Thirdly, the two parties will discuss their land dispute via the Thai-Cambodian Joint Commission for Bilateral Cooperation (JC) and the Thai-Cambodian Joint Boundary Commission (JBC). Lastly, the ministries of foreign affairs of the two countries will be responsible for holding news conferences to help Thai and Cambodian people understand the situation.

I posted this on BE..

OK nookiet good question..Just returned from the CC border crossing and talked to the immigration officers. They had NO idea what I was asking and a look of WTF sooo after checking out the Cambodian birds coming and going I returned to KC and went to immigration and asked them. Kap Choeng immigration informed me that yes they were aware of a time change of 6am tell 10pm But thought it would not happen tell after January 1 as of now its still 7 am to 8pm. Kap Choenge Immigration and Chong Chom Border Crossing also confirmed that you could have unlimited 15 day visa exempt entries.

Back