Chong Chom

ta.jpg

SURIN, June 28 (TNA) – Cambodian workers crossed the border at the immigration checkpoint of this northeastern province to return to the homeland as Thailand started sealing off construction worker camps in Greater Bangkok and four southern border provinces today.

The Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) headed by Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-ocha decided to close infectious and high-risk areas including construction worker camps in Bangkok, Pathum Thani, Nonthaburi, Samut Sakhon, Samut Prakan, Nakhon Pathom, Songkhla, Pattani, Yala and Narathiwat for 30 days starting on June 28 to contain the spread of Covid-19.

Employers yesterday sent the workers back through the Chong Chom border crossing point in Surin’s Kap Choeng district. Many cambodian workers were left along Kap Choeng-Chong Chom highway and local immigration police rushed into gathering them at the Surin immigration office and kept them away from general people. Despite strict disease control measures, five immigration police officers of Surin earlier contracted COVID-19.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-726553

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright TNA 2021-06-29

I went to Surin Immigration yesterday to do my 90 day report. It was closed. The Kap Cheong phone number was on the window. I phone and they told me they were open.
Drove to Kap Cheong.
It was very busy. I could see they were testing a lot of people.
There were no seats to sit. I stood there with another farang who was with his wife. He very kindly went to look for a chair for me. But none available. I had been standing there for about 15 minutes leaning on my walking stick. It was getting very difficult.
He asked his wife to tell the IMO that I only required the 90 day report which was done in a short time.
I thanked the couple for there assistance. Lovely people. People like that restores ones faith in human nature.
I hope I meet up with them in Tha Tum one day and buy them a coffee at least.
Fortunately did not need to be close to other people there.
Fingers crossed.
It does tend to make one very nervous.

I went to Surin Immigration yesterday to do my 90 day report. It was closed. The Kap Cheong phone number was on the window. I phone and they told me they were open.
Drove to Kap Cheong.
It was very busy. I could see they were testing a lot of people.
There were no seats to sit. I stood there with another farang who was with his wife. He very kindly went to look for a chair for me. But none available. I had been standing there for about 15 minutes leaning on my walking stick. It was getting very difficult.
He asked his wife to tell the IMO that I only required the 90 day report which was done in a short time.
I thanked the couple for there assistance. Lovely people. People like that restores ones faith in human nature.
I hope I meet up with them in Tha Tum one day and buy them a coffee at least.
Fortunately did not need to be close to other people there.
Fingers crossed.
It does tend to make one very nervous.
You poor sole having to go there at this time. Its like ground zero. I don't particularly like IO's albeit I have met some nice ones. I do feel sorry for this current situation that has been thrust upon them. What of Cambodia though?. These group of high risk people are just being pushed across the border. I am sure Cambodian authorities have it all in hand!!!
YEAH RIGHT !

They did I believe during the last Covid phase didn't they? There have been articles saying they are thinking of doing away with the 90 day reports too. WTF? Why not this time around?

I believe that the 90 day reporting requirement was relaxed in April 2020 to July 2020.

The most pointless administrative exercise ever - that achieves absolutely fcuk all.

I believe that the 90 day reporting requirement was relaxed in April 2020 to July 2020.

The most pointless administrative exercise ever - that achieves absolutely fcuk all.

It has always been pointless but it has become more pointless(?) in the last few years.

When there was a requirement to complete a TM47 to submit to Immigration, they could justify the report because it was a confirmation of your address. Now there is no (or little) need for a TM 47 you are not even asked to verify your address. Just hand over your passport and obtain a "receipt".

I am (and I hope will continue to be) one of the lucky ones who are still able to report on-line (when the system is not down).

(?) Not sure how anything can be more pointless.

Back