Cold Spell Coming

I have had numerous colds and some were nasty but flu as such I do not recall. In Saudi I recall one time my boss sent me home as I was the walking dead. Stopped by the doc and got free drugs and went back home and crashed for 48 hours.:sleeping: When I was on the ice we were told what to expect 6 months of frozen isolation of 280 people NO visitors from the real world.:weary: That first Winfly flight with 40 new souls from Christchurch NZ broth in the Antartica CRUD. Over the next 3 weeks all of the 280 winter over came down sick at some point. :eek:I recall it hit me after 1 week. You went to the hospital and walked in you said nothing they knew just recorded your name and gave you a bag of some very GOOD SHIT.:D:D After 3 days back in your room you were ready to go.;;bad simle;;

And brandy is a wine, not a whiskey.
From wiki:
While brandy is generally made from grapes, any distilled liquor made from fermented fruit juice is called brandy. Whiskey (or whisky, as it's spelled in Europe) begins with grain, typically malted barley, corn, or other cereal grains, which is essentially brewed and fermented into beer.

And also:
Brandy is distilled wine and Whisky is distilled beer. Consequently they have slightly different flavour sets and you will likely find you prefer one or the other. Brandy tends to be subtler and the results of the barrel storage (i.e. flavours of caramel and vanilla and dried fruit) are more apparent at a younger age.

From a consumer point of view, all you need to know is most whisky sold is between 5 and 20 years old (i.e. stored in a barrel for that length of time) and most Brandy is between 2 and 10 years old.

Lets just get this straight. WHISKY is a distilled spirit from Scotland. WHISKEY with an E is a distilled spirit that comes from Ireland. Anything else is an imitation of the real thing although some of the Japanese whisky is pretty smooth. I can personally vouch for that and most enjoyable on the palette too.

upload_2019-1-27_14-19-38.jpeg

"Whiskey" or "Whisky"? Which spelling should it be?

An easy way to differentiate between them is to remember that there is no "E" in Whisky, nor is there in either Scotland or Scotch, whereas there is, of course, in Ireland (and also in America.) America and Ireland are the only countries that use the spelling "Whiskey." Every other country throughout the world uses "whisky."

The history of whisk(e)y is interesting, dating back a very long time indeed - though the Scots might be disappointed if they thought that they were the inventors of the wee dram. Wikipedia's entry is well worth reading for that and all the associated information related to production, ingredients, ageing, and other countries' production too.

Time for a drop of Bells now...

I'll take a good American Rye Whiskey any time. I'm also partial to Laphroiag scotch and John Powers Irish whiskey. Don't mind a dram of Tellamore Dew either. :) Used to be able to get Wild Turkey 101 at the little Italian named place (Cafe Italia?) just down from Tawan Dang on the corner.

wild-turkey-kentucky-straight-rye-whiskey-usa-10154256.jpg

laphroaig-scotch-whisky.jpg

john-powers-irish-whiskey.jpg

tullamore-dew-irish-whiskey.gif

Back when:rolleyes: this was my preferred poison..:yum::yum::yum:.
Crown Royal is a blended Canadian whisky owned by Diageo, which purchased the brand when the Seagram portfolio was dissolved in 2000. It is the top-selling Canadian whisky in the United States. Wikipedia

brbon_cro7.jpg

Crown's good. Most of the cheaper whiskeys here in Thailand are Canadian blends. Benmore? A couple others I've noticed (and don't drink).

Crown's good. Most of the cheaper whiskeys here in Thailand are Canadian blends. Benmore? A couple others I've noticed (and don't drink).

The only place in Thailand that sells it is Duty Free inside an airport. So I just stick to lao khao.:eek:

Back