Covid-19 ........ Shopping in Surin

nomad97

Resident Geek
There is information on several Thai social media channels that says:

1. Robinson's Shopping Center will be open - access through the entrance next to KFC.

2. Inside Robinson's, only the banks, pharmacy and food outlets will be open - all other shops and the cinema will be closed.

3. Food outlets will only serve "carry-outs". People will wait in designated places to maintain social distancing while waiting for their orders.

4. Tops Market will be open and the pharmacy within.

5. All supermarkets will be open, including Big C, Tesco's, Makro and Mays.

6. HomePro, Thai Wasatdu, Index, and Global will accept online orders for home deliveries.

Please do not shoot the messenger if the actual situation is different. This information is provided in good faith by a resident of Surin.

There is information on several Thai social media channels that says:

1. Robinson's Shopping Center will be open - access through the entrance next to KFC.

2. Inside Robinson's, only the banks, pharmacy and food outlets will be open - all other shops and the cinema will be closed.

3. Food outlets will only serve "carry-outs". People will wait in designated places to maintain social distancing while waiting for their orders.

4. Tops Market will be open and the pharmacy within.

5. All supermarkets will be open, including Big C, Tesco's, Makro and Mays.

6. HomePro, Thai Wasatdu, Index, and Global will accept online orders for home deliveries.

Please do not shoot the messenger if the actual situation is different. This information is provided in good faith by a resident of Surin.

1. Correct at 3pm-ish
2. Correct
3. Within Robinson's, correct, but the carry-outs may be eaten in the area next to the escalator where shoes and bags were formerly sold.
4. Correct
5. Big C was open at 4pm, but the areas selling electronics and clothes were cordoned off. Most of the permanent shops inside were also closed, as were all the stalls near the check-outs.
6. Thanks for the info, Nomad. While passing by, I noticed that HomePro was shuttered. The others may be closed too - I wasn't looking.

The IT shop opposite the Vocational College on Thetsaban 1 remains open.

1. Correct at 3pm-ish
2. Correct
3. Within Robinson's, correct, but the carry-outs may be eaten in the area next to the escalator where shoes and bags were formerly sold.
4. Correct
5. Big C was open at 4pm, but the areas selling electronics and clothes were cordoned off. Most of the permanent shops inside were also closed, as were all the stalls near the check-outs.
6. Thanks for the info, Nomad. While passing by, I noticed that HomePro was shuttered. The others may be closed too - I wasn't looking.

The IT shop opposite the Vocational College on Thetsaban 1 remains open.

Thank you Inspector Clouseau, a very thorough job, even if I say so myself.

A little update from myself. Feeling at a loss with nothing to do, no footy, no sports and no Olympics, I have started on some long outstanding tasks within the confines on our house and gardens. Unfortunately, I lacked some basic materials and knew that HomePro and Thai Watsadu were closed. Accordingly, I logged onto to HomePro to see if I could order online and receive said purchases with their home delivery service. If you think the software on this forum is a little troublesome I think you will find the HomePro software even worse for wear. A little perseverance is required, no, a lot of perseverance is required, but I got there in the end. I did succeed in opening an account and then managed to order 6 bags of asphalt this evening to repair the road outside my house. I am informed that orders over 500 baht are delivered for free. I have also received confirmation of the order by email, together with an invoice/receipt for VAT. With luck, the items will be delivered tomorrow. This could be a lifesaver for me during the current shutdown in Surin. :D:D:D

Thank you Inspector Clouseau, a very thorough job, even if I say so myself.

A little update from myself. Feeling at a loss with nothing to do, no footy, no sports and no Olympics, I have started on some long outstanding tasks within the confines on our house and gardens. Unfortunately, I lacked some basic materials and knew that HomePro and Thai Watsadu were closed. Accordingly, I logged onto to HomePro to see if I could order online and receive said purchases with their home delivery service. If you think the software on this forum is a little troublesome I think you will find the HomePro software even worse for wear. A little perseverance is required, no, a lot of perseverance is required, but I got there in the end. I did succeed in opening an account and then managed to order 6 bags of asphalt this evening to repair the road outside my house. I am informed that orders over 500 baht are delivered for free. I have also received confirmation of the order by email, together with an invoice/receipt for VAT. With luck, the items will be delivered tomorrow. This could be a lifesaver for me during the current shutdown in Surin. :D:D:D

Biggles turns into Jack Tar! Wow :grin:

Cent refers in the shoutbox to a Surin curfew. Any more detailed info on this?
No. Nothing heard in this household although I am informed that the Prime Minister has advised all people over 70 to stay home. While this is not yet mandatory, my wife has interpreted the statement differently. She tells me I am under curfew and not allowed to go out or into town. :D:D:D

See: https://surinfarang.com/forum/threa...o-foreigners-no-curfew-yet.27280/#post-299304 for statement from Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam.

"He advised the three high-risk groups - people aged over 70, those with existing illness such as diabetes, respiratory problems, and children under 5 years of age - to stay home at all time."

Being a retired military man, I will follow orders! ;;haha;;;;haha;;;;haha;;

Last edited:
No. Nothing heard in this household although I am informed that the Prime Minister has advised all people over 70 to stay home. While this is not yet mandatory, my wife has interpreted the statement differently. She tells me I am under curfew and not allowed to go out or into town. :D:D:D

See: https://surinfarang.com/forum/threa...o-foreigners-no-curfew-yet.27280/#post-299304 for statement from Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam.

"He advised the three high-risk groups - people aged over 70, those with existing illness such as diabetes, respiratory problems, and children under 5 years of age - to stay home at all time."

Being a retired military man, I will follow orders! ;;haha;;;;haha;;;;haha;;
Me too

Cent refers in the shoutbox to a Surin curfew. Any more detailed info on this?

As of 9:30 Surin Government has not enforced a lockdown or specified a curfew within Surin City for residents.

Of course this is subject to change at any time.

I'm tired of reading the BS on social media. :mask:

Utilize common sense. If you don't have a reason to travel around such as buying neccessities or keeping an important medical appt, then simply DON'T.

Sorry I won't be attending funerals at this time unless they are dearest friends or immediate family.
Take care of yourself and loved ones.
Over and out.

As of 9:30 Surin Government has not enforced a lockdown or specified a curfew within Surin City for residents.

Of course this is subject to change at any time.

I'm tired of reading the BS on social media. :mask:

Utilize common sense. If you don't have a reason to travel around such as buying neccessities or keeping an important medical appt, then simply DON'T.

Sorry I won't be attending funerals at this time unless they are dearest friends or immediate family.
Take care of yourself and loved ones.
Over and out.

+1

I believe that there is only one person who could accurately answer that.
Nookie has to cross provincial borders, where, according to government reports, he has to pass through checkpoints and be monitored. Unless there is an inter-provincial shut down, I would imagine we will still be seeing Nookie at fortnightly intervals

Note that Ruby Murray has closed down production of his Indian foods, though Nookie may still have some stock.

Nookie has to cross provincial borders, where, according to government reports, he has to pass through checkpoints and be monitored. Unless there is an inter-provincial shut down, I would imagine we will still be seeing Nookie at fortnightly intervals

Note that Ruby Murray has closed down the production of his Indian foods, though Nookie may still have some stock.

I think Nookie will be well advised to suspend his regular fortnightly runs to Surin. Much though I enjoy the products Nookie supplies, I will not be placing any further orders until it is safe for 70-year-olds to leave their homes.

Note that Ruby Murray has closed down production of his Indian foods, though Nookie may still have some stock.

Just has to know the back roads.;;bad simle;;

I think Nookie will be well advised to suspend his regular fortnightly runs to Surin. Much though I enjoy the products Nookie supplies, I will not be placing any further orders until it is safe for 70-year-olds to leave their homes.

There will be nowhere to meet in Surin anyway (unless someone knows of somewhere that's open).

Back