Denmark Embassy Has Stopped Doing Pension Letters

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
From embasssy website. http://thailand.um.dk/en/News/newsdisplaypage/?newsID=5FD2318C-7DE7-4241-9A60-990E671E1D3F

Stopping pension letter services for one-year visas with immediate effect
14.11.2018 10:02

The Danish Embassy in Bangkok can no longer issue income certificates/pension letters as a supporting document for obtaining a one-year visa through the Thai authorities.

This is due to the fact that the Embassy in Bangkok is legally unable to fulfil the Thai authorities’ requirements to guarantee the future level of pension/income for Danish Nationals.

If this will affect you, we encourage you, to seek more information about alternative ways of applying for a visa on the Embassy of Thailand in Copenhagen’s web page:http://thaiembassy.dk/category/visa-application/

Affected residents can also seek information at the Thai Immigration Authorities about the current valid regulations. Here, you can find information about how to apply for a long-term visa:http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=procedure

The following link give you information about needed documentation:http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=service#

Please note, that applicants who have applied for the income certificate/pension letteralreadywill getafee refundedif the letter has not yet been issued by the embassy.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1068630-denmark-embassy-has-stopped-doing-pension-letters/

Lovely, just lovely. Another group of people left stranded high and dry.

They will all follow suit once they realise the potential implications of Thai Immigration's demands.

Has Thailand discovered that affidavit and statutory declarations world wide are just shite and hardly worth the paper it is written on. This is because it relys on the intrinsic honesty of the swearer. The whole idea is that there suppose to be real punishment for those that make false declarations. There is no teeth to these empty threats and this is where it has lead to. There could be some real unintentional consequences for the civil legal system down the track. For instance why would they ask you to sign to any conditions of immigration at all?, if it cannot not be proved you are just lyng that you will.
Can people see where I am going with this. They are undermining the whole system.

Has Thailand discovered that affidavit and statutory declarations world wide are just shite and hardly worth the paper it is written on. This is because it relys on the intrinsic honesty of the swearer. The whole idea is that there suppose to be real punishment for those that make false declarations. There is no teeth to these empty threats and this is where it has lead to. There could be some real unintentional consequences for the civil legal system down the track. For instance why would they ask you to sign to any conditions of immigration at all?, if it cannot not be proved you are just lyng that you will.
Can people see where I am going with this. They are undermining the whole system.

Who is undermining the system ? It wasn't clear from reading your post.

Separately....... would YOU trust a statutory declaration for something you deemed to be important ?

Has Thailand discovered that affidavit and statutory declarations world wide are just shite and hardly worth the paper it is written on.

If they have then all the Brits that are using their letter from the Embassy to verify income (up to the end of 2018) may as well save themselves 50 quid.

The UK Passport Office has relied for years on photos signed by specific types of people to verify true likenesses when new applications are made. There has to be some degree of trust (between Authorities at least.)

This is not reflected in Thai passport applications, or I.D. cards, or driving licences (for example) when photos of the applicant are taken by the relevant Authority instead.

The UK Passport Office has relied for years on photos signed by specific types of people to verify true likenesses when new applications are made. There has to be some degree of trust (between Authorities at least.)

I thought that had been waived if your current photograph is not dissimilar to your previous passport photo. Although it didn't work for me in 2010.

Quite right Yorky. I did say a new application (as opposed to a renewal.) They changed the rules because newly expired passports carry an approved photo of the applicant that can be compared with the new photo being submitted. As long as the face they see is recognisably the same one that is in the old passport, there's no problem - it's another example of the trust to which I referred. I imagine that significant hair loss, or weight gained or lost, a beard, or excess wear-and-tear over ten years might make the decision to approve difficult for the officials.

I'm 99% certain that P. Nick was required to verify my photo in last year's renewal application, which was successful.

I'm 99% certain that P. Nick was required to verify my photo in last year's renewal application, which was successful.

I was required to have mine verified in 2010 even though that clause was operative at that time. The British Embassy employees in Bangkok were ignoring the clause.

If they have then all the Brits that are using their letter from the Embassy to verify income (up to the end of 2018) may as well save themselves 50 quid.
Oh dear, just lost £50 quid then. Actually, its £52 quid until 12th December 2018, the last date for applications for a letter.

Has Thailand discovered that affidavit and statutory declarations world wide are just shite and hardly worth the paper it is written on. This is because it relys on the intrinsic honesty of the swearer. The whole idea is that there suppose to be real punishment for those that make false declarations. There is no teeth to these empty threats and this is where it has lead to. There could be some real unintentional consequences for the civil legal system down the track. For instance why would they ask you to sign to any conditions of immigration at all?, if it cannot not be proved you are just lying that you will.

It used to piss me off that I had to furnish proof of income to the British Embassy like P60's and Annual Income Statements from my pension providers. Every other national just turned up at their respective embassy and said, "I have X amount income each year" and they believed them. I am only surprised that it has taken the Thais this long to realise its all a load of bollocks.

A change of sunglasses on my latest renewal necessitated a new signed verification declaration ...

It used to piss me off that I had to furnish proof of income to the British Embassy like P60's and Annual Income Statements from my pension providers. Every other national just turned up at their respective embassy and said, "I have X amount income each year" and they believed them. I am only surprised that it has taken the Thais this long to realise its all a load of bollocks.

Actually, you didn't - you thought you did - but you didn't.

I can confirm that a single bank statement showing said money going in was sufficient for them. The evidence can be as thin as you like and I am aware of fictitious letter being used to bolster income figures. Never an issue getting the letter issued.

I provided (without being asked) copies of my company pension statements for the previous 12 months when I obtained my 2002 letter. I've since realised that it wasn't necessary.

I can confirm that a single bank statement showing said money going in was sufficient for them. The evidence can be as thin as you like and I am aware of fictitious letter being used to bolster income figures. Never an issue getting the letter issued.

I think they possibly did ask for such acceptable 'proof' in years gone by and I have kept up the practice ever since. I always had them so it was not a hardship to provide them. Last year you told me I could do it by email, this year you cannot. The website now says very clearly in red, "This service is only available by post".

upload_2018-11-15_13-59-57.png

https://assets.publishing.service.g...hment_data/file/671934/Pension_04_01_2018.pdf

Back