DO NOT BE A MORON AND USE POIPET 4 N-OUT.

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
ubonjoe[/paste:font]
  • Star Member
  • Global Moderators
  • 64,362 posts
Posted Friday at 12:26 PM

You have to leave and re-enter the country every 90 days if you have a multiple entry non-o visa.

Your visa is valid for a year which means you can do more than 3 entries. You can do one just before it expires which can allow almost 15 months of total stay.

Do not use the Poi Pet border crossing or you might not be allowed to enter the country. See this topic: https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1050195-denied-entry-at-poipet/

Where are staying at?

The 2 entry at land border crossings per calendar year is only for visa exempt entries. There is no limit if you have a visa.

You may have to pay an extra 300 baht to Cambodian immigration when you leave there for not staying overnight. No need for dollars they will accept baht.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1050262-does-my-3rd-visa-run-need-to-be-by-air/

Aran/Poipet is quite handy transport wise if you come from Bangkok or near surroundings.

It's probably 15 years since I was last there (at the border). Is it still a shit hole?

It's probably 15 years since I was last there (at the border). Is it still a shit hole?

Yes.

I never feel really comfortable there..... has a corrupt, intimidating feel about the place.

Not sure if I have already posted this on SF..... a friend's account of being denied entry at Poipet:-

Ok here is my own blow by blow account of the Poipet entry refusal , sensible questions will be welcomed .

I do have a 12 month non immigrant O multiple entry visa from Savannakhet as I find two days turn around more attractive than waiting over a month to finalise the process at the local immigration with a potential pain in the ass visit from immigration officials. So I have had a Laos visa for two years and crossed the border at Poipet 4 times a year with no issues same day on this occasion I was not so lucky.

All went well and seemed normal after leaving Thailand until 2 Cambodian agents started talking to me saying that if I have any problems reentering Thailand I should talk to them ( didn't give this a second thought but they seemed very convinced I may have trouble) - so I departed from Cambodia the same day with no fine or tea money paid and as normal got to passport control Thai side. As soon as I handed my passport in I was ushered to one side to a desk where the IO quite clearly said he didn't like my Laos visa as he knew I had not shown money in order to obtain it - then he said I have crossed land borders too many times back to back.

Just to clarify, I wasn't actually asked to show money but as I sat there a young man joined at the desk who asked what the IO needed from him and he was asked to show 10k Baht which he showed immediately only to be told he must fly back and was not allowed to pass !

Then a man with three kids arrived and was told he had too many land border crossings and must fly back in !

At this point I tried to discuss the facts about my visa but he was very abrupt and had already made his decision I was not getting in , so all passports were taken and stamped as refused entry for not having sufficient funds ( remember I wasn't asked to show funds ) we all got issued with a letter which we had to sign as well.

Then we headed out to where the Cambodian fixers were remarkably waiting to arrange things for us to either get into Thailand or to the airport.

So first things first, 500 Baht to cancel the departure stamp from Cambodia then sit in a dodgy cafe waiting for the boss to confirm cost and if they could get me in or not. Of course they said we can get you through for 20k !!!!!!!!!! I said thanks but no thanks and headed for the taxi only after did all of the events click together in my mind and I started to smell a rat.

On arrival at Siam Reap I met two nice guys in Starbucks who had also been denied entry and told they must fly however they were only on a visa on arrival and not a non immigrant O - they eventually got flights booked for next day. I also covered my bases due to the stamp saying insufficient funds in my passport I took an extra 600 dollars to add to my 14 k Thai Baht .

On arrival at Don Muaeng I was shitting bricks but the IO called his supervisor over who looked at my visa said "OK, no problem and have a nice safe journey back to Buriram" again no funds required to be shown.

On returning home I contacted Buriram immigration who I told the whole saga to and exactly what visa I had and was told as long as I leave the country every 90 days by any route land sea or air I was fine and I could do back to back border crossings purely to satisfy the visa requirements .

Not sure if I have already posted this on SF..... a friend's account of being denied entry at Poipet:-

Ok here is my own blow by blow account of the Poipet entry refusal , sensible questions will be welcomed .

I do have a 12 month non immigrant O multiple entry visa from Savannakhet as I find two days turn around more attractive than waiting over a month to finalise the process at the local immigration with a potential pain in the ass visit from immigration officials. So I have had a Laos visa for two years and crossed the border at Poipet 4 times a year with no issues same day on this occasion I was not so lucky.

All went well and seemed normal after leaving Thailand until 2 Cambodian agents started talking to me saying that if I have any problems reentering Thailand I should talk to them ( didn't give this a second thought but they seemed very convinced I may have trouble) - so I departed from Cambodia the same day with no fine or tea money paid and as normal got to passport control Thai side. As soon as I handed my passport in I was ushered to one side to a desk where the IO quite clearly said he didn't like my Laos visa as he knew I had not shown money in order to obtain it - then he said I have crossed land borders too many times back to back.

Just to clarify, I wasn't actually asked to show money but as I sat there a young man joined at the desk who asked what the IO needed from him and he was asked to show 10k Baht which he showed immediately only to be told he must fly back and was not allowed to pass !

Then a man with three kids arrived and was told he had too many land border crossings and must fly back in !

At this point I tried to discuss the facts about my visa but he was very abrupt and had already made his decision I was not getting in , so all passports were taken and stamped as refused entry for not having sufficient funds ( remember I wasn't asked to show funds ) we all got issued with a letter which we had to sign as well.

Then we headed out to where the Cambodian fixers were remarkably waiting to arrange things for us to either get into Thailand or to the airport.

So first things first, 500 Baht to cancel the departure stamp from Cambodia then sit in a dodgy cafe waiting for the boss to confirm cost and if they could get me in or not. Of course they said we can get you through for 20k !!!!!!!!!! I said thanks but no thanks and headed for the taxi only after did all of the events click together in my mind and I started to smell a rat.

On arrival at Siam Reap I met two nice guys in Starbucks who had also been denied entry and told they must fly however they were only on a visa on arrival and not a non immigrant O - they eventually got flights booked for next day. I also covered my bases due to the stamp saying insufficient funds in my passport I took an extra 600 dollars to add to my 14 k Thai Baht .

On arrival at Don Muaeng I was shitting bricks but the IO called his supervisor over who looked at my visa said "OK, no problem and have a nice safe journey back to Buriram" again no funds required to be shown.

On returning home I contacted Buriram immigration who I told the whole saga to and exactly what visa I had and was told as long as I leave the country every 90 days by any route land sea or air I was fine and I could do back to back border crossings purely to satisfy the visa requirements .

Your getting senile or have Alzheimer's or both.;;bad simle;;https://www.surinfarang.com/forum/threads/denied-entry-at-poipet.24999/

Buriram Immigration or no other immigration office call the shots at any crossing. END OFF.;;grimace;;

Can I ask a stupid question ?? Has any of this been reported to Immi 1 or the ombudsman for clarification ?
Mind you having said that, I have seen what happens when you question Immi 1. Specially when you are proved WRONG !!! :(:(:(:(:(:(.

Can I ask a stupid question ?? Has any of this been reported to Immi 1 or the ombudsman for clarification ?
Mind you having said that, I have seen what happens when you question Immi 1. Specially when you are proved WRONG !!! :(:(:(:(:(:(.

cheesy.gif
cheesy.gif
cheesy.gif
cheesy.gif

Take it easy laughing boy. :mad::mad::mad:

This is a Thai social PROBLEM it is called CORRUPTION. AND it is under the control of the Thai Royal Police Department. IF and I do mean IF any thing was to be or could be done about it would have to be by #44 or who's birthday was celebrated this past Friday.:p:p:p:p:D:D:D:D

Many moons ago there was a guy in Sangkha who was given money by his wife every three months to go to Nong Kai/Vientiane to border cross and/or obtain a new visa. He got as far as Surin and that was it. The whole lot was spent on booze and debauchery and three/four days later he returned to Sangkha both broke and illegal.

Back